Q. Kindly help me to get rid of depression.

Dr. Vandana Patidar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 20, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2019

I am suffering from depression. I overthink, overeat, I do not have a proper sleep at night, and I cannot wake up in the morning. And always get late to work, I cannot concentrate in meetings and even in movies. I tend to sleep and feel sleepy throughout the day, I have no interest in work, and I need help.

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sleep Medicine
#

Yes, you are right in saying that you seem to be suffering from depression. It is a mood disorder causing a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. The persistent sadness or loss of interest that characterizes major depression can lead to a range of emotional and physical conditions.

These include the inability to sleep or concentrate on tasks. Changes in appetite decreased energy level, and thoughts of suicide are also seen. The mainstay of treatment is talk therapy with a trained psychologist or psychiatrist. Medications (for example, Citalopram and Paroxetine) that act on the chemical imbalance in the brain are also useful treatments for depression. Consult a psychiatrist immediately.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Please suggest a treatment for feeling sad and depressed all the time.

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 21 year old male. I feel quite sad and depressed. I do not even want to perform daily routine. My life is monotonous. I get a lot of negative thoughts. I am so lazy and feel like I do not want to live. I am weak and I lack concentration. I do not feel like going out of my house....  Read Full »

How to overcome the unwanted sex I had?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am straight but yesterday I had anal sex with my friend. I feel I took wrong decision. It is remembering me a lot. I want to forget that. My mind is not concentrating now. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Can't Sleep? Finding it Really Difficult? Then You Must Read This.

Article Overview: This article speaks about issues related to sleeping problems and its management Read Article

Dr. Ajinkya B Bhandari
Sleep Medicine Physician

Insomnia means in short, "disease of sleep". When you have difficulty to initiate sleep, difficulty in maintaining sleep, or getting unsatisfied sleep, then you are probably suffering from insomnia. Check Out Yourself if You Have Any of the Following Symptoms: Do you take more than 30 minutes t...  Read Article