Q. My husband abuses me both physically and mentally. What is happening to him?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

My husband abused me emotionally and physically for five years. He feels very low, sad and feels negative towards everything. He has self-pity. It happens for a few days to few weeks. After that, he starts having anger. Finding fault in everything especially in me. He has the habit of doing emotional abuse which again goes on for a few days. On following it, he becomes aggressive and then there is physical abuse too. Then, he becomes ordinary. He is a very loving, and a caring spouse. He is dependent on me. Then again the whole thing gets repeated. What is happening to him? He had taken Fluoxetine for eight months before 15 years.

#

Your husband may have depression or anger outburst problem. If your husband is abusing any substance like alcohol or cannabis, it can also cause the above issues. Your husband needs face to face psychiatrist consultation. His symptoms can be controlled with medication and need to stop abusing alcohol or cannabis. Try to find out if your husband has any social, financial or work problems. Help him. You must spend quality time with him. You must take dinner or at least a one-time food together. Try to go for walk together daily after dinner or early morning for 30 to 40 minutes. Give him surprises or try to make him happy. Fluoxetine is one of the right options for your husband. It will help him to manage the depression and anger outburst.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co...  Read Article

Is sleep disturbance a side effect of Fluoxetine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very sad, and I am surrounded by negative thoughts and anxiety. I have taken Fluoxetine (Fludac 20) for 6 weeks. Now I am fine, but I wake up early in the morning around 3.30 AM. Hence having disturbed sleep in the morning. My doctor changed medicine to Flunil 40. I think this dose ...  Read Full »

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»