Q. My husband abuses me both physically and mentally. What is happening to him?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

My husband abused me emotionally and physically for five years. He feels very low, sad and feels negative towards everything. He has self-pity. It happens for a few days to few weeks. After that, he starts having anger. Finding fault in everything especially in me. He has the habit of doing emotional abuse which again goes on for a few days. On following it, he becomes aggressive and then there is physical abuse too. Then, he becomes ordinary. He is a very loving, and a caring spouse. He is dependent on me. Then again the whole thing gets repeated. What is happening to him? He had taken Fluoxetine for eight months before 15 years.

#

Your husband may have depression or anger outburst problem. If your husband is abusing any substance like alcohol or cannabis, it can also cause the above issues. Your husband needs face to face psychiatrist consultation. His symptoms can be controlled with medication and need to stop abusing alcohol or cannabis. Try to find out if your husband has any social, financial or work problems. Help him. You must spend quality time with him. You must take dinner or at least a one-time food together. Try to go for walk together daily after dinner or early morning for 30 to 40 minutes. Give him surprises or try to make him happy. Fluoxetine is one of the right options for your husband. It will help him to manage the depression and anger outburst.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|