Q. Will my family support me if I change my career?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 23, 2021

I am an engineering graduate. I am unemployed and fed up with everybody's reaction regarding my career. So, I avoid family gathering or party. I did not get a job yet, and it makes me frustrated. I am not able to find a right path and feel like crying. I am not happy with this situation. Sometimes, I doubt myself. Should I do something else now? Will my family support me if I change my career? I get a headache when I think about all my friends, who have a job or do business.

#

• Please do not feel bad about yourself. For a hard working person, any degree is good.
  • Engineering is not a bad profession, just do not lose hope. Continue to do hard work and prove your worth.
  • Please take the job even if the company does not pay much. It will help in finding a way out of your depression.
  • Work hard, and you will develop confidence. Most of the successful people are hard working engineers.
  • If your depressive symptoms persist, then visit a psychiatrist for career counseling.

For further queries consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|