Q. How to Treat Dermatosis Neglecta?

Answered by
Dr. Suvash Sahu
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on Nov 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

Hi Doctor, I believe that I have dermatosis neglecta. I have not showered for one month. I usually take shower once in one or two months. I have gained a lot of weight in the past three years. So, doing normal things such as showering becomes a difficult task. My current medication is Accutane and Jolivette for birth control. How to get this treated? Please explain me.

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern.

  • Dermatosis neglecta is a condition that results from inadequate frictional cleansing leading to accumulation of corneocytes, sebum and sweat. It ultimately results in hyperpigmented patch or verrucous plaque.
  • As this disease can be easily treated by simple scrubbing with soap water and alcohol either passively or actively.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Related Questions & Answers

A scrub caused a scar in my face. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done PRP and my skin peeled so much. Unfortunately after 10 days of peeling, I used the scrub in my face. It started itching and the next day I had a brown scar in my cheek. How can I remove it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have noted your concerns. In a case like yours, who had undergone PRP (platelet-rich plasma) I would recommend the following measures. Sponge the area frequently with soft tissue or towel by dabbing or directly applying mild pressure but avoid rubbing. Avoid sun exp...  Read Full



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.