Q. How to confirm diabetes when we receive unlike values from different lab?

Answered by Dr. Raveendran Sr and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Diabetes or Hba1c? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a-32-years old male. Two days ago my wife and I had diabetes tests, and as of now, we do not have diabetes. Three to four months ago when we tested my result was 120, and my wife result was 140. But two days ago when we had tested, I have 122 before breakfast and 240 after two hours of breakfast. My wife had 142 at fasting and 242 after two hours of breakfast.

We were shocked and worried. My mom and dad do not have diabetes and wife side her mom had diabetes, but her father does not have. My weight is 81 kg, and I am 5'5" height. My wife is about 87 kg weight and 5'5" height. Again we did a test at another place using glucometer after four hours after lunch, and surprisingly I got 102, and my wife had 170. The lady who did our test in front of us and confirmed that we do not have diabetes. Please help us. We do not know how to proceed. Awaiting for your response.