Q. Three days after starting diabetes medicine, I feel dizzy. What is the reason?

Dr. Wain

Dear doctor,

Recently, I was diagnosed with diabetes and my blood sugar fasting was 231 and random was 271 mg/dL. I consulted a doctor and he prescribed me Qosmet 500 mg/ 50mg twice a day and Amaryl 1 mg once in the morning. After a week, my sugar was under control and blood sugar fasting was 93 mg/dL and random was 111 mg/dL and 139 mg/dL. Three days I was fine but after that, I am feeling vertigo (dizziness). Kindly tell me why this is happening to me. Is it any side effect of the tablet I am taking or any other issue?

#

You should monitor your blood sugar twice a week and especially at those times when you are feeling dizzy. Initially, with the start of medication, you may have some low blood sugar symptoms due to the first effect of medications for treatment of diabetes.

I suggest you buy a glucometer and keep a check of your blood glucose twice a week and also check your blood sugar whenever you have such kind of symptoms like dizziness, sweating, and irritability.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|