Q. What are the ways to manage fatigue in a patient taking Metformin?

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Diabetes or Metformin? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My father's age is 60 years and is a patient of type 2 DM. He is also a patient of hypertension with an abnormal lipid profile. His RBS is now 360 mg/dl. He is suffering from extreme fatigue although BP is controlled by anti-hypertensive drugs. In this condition, how can we manage fatigue although he is taking Metformin regularly?