Q. I have sour burps and motions. Please help.

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jun 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 25, 2019

I am suffering from sour burps and motions. Kindly help.

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

Kindly answer the following questions to guide you further.

1. Do you have a fever, abdominal pain, nausea complaint?

2. What is the frequency of your motion?

3. Is there any blood in stool?

4. What is the duration of your symptoms?

5. Have you taken any treatment so far?

You can revert with answers. Meanwhile, you can be prescribed antacid like Pantoprazole and Dimethicone (Polydimethylsiloxane) containing acid MPS syrup. I hope this will help you.

I have no fever, no pain. I am in intermittent fasting, no blood in stools. Frequency in motion is two hours.

Hematology Pathology
#

1. What is the consistency of stool? Watery or semisolid?
  2. Since how long you have this complaint?
  3. Have you taken any outside food in the last three days?

It is watery in consistency. I have this complaint about the past 24 hours, and I have not taken any outside food.

Hematology Pathology
#

What is your age?

I am a 38-year-old male.

Hematology Pathology
#

It seems to be a noninfective functional bowel problem. I suggest you maintain hydration with lots of water for the next few days.

1. Take Vital Z or ORS (oral rehydration solution) powder with water frequently.
  2. Avoid the intake of excess spicy foods.
  3. Take Sporolac like a probiotic tablet as well.
  4. Take more fruit juice.
  5. Semisolid and Bland diet can be taken more.
  6. Avoid fasting until you recover.

If in next one or two days diarrhea not improving than stool routine micro examination, occult blood test, CBC (complete blood count) and stool culture should be done for further work up. I hope I have answered your question.

Ok doctor, thank you for the help.

For how long can probiotics be taken in abdominal problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from health problems for the last 10 years, mainly abdominal problem (excessive gas) and mood swings. Actually, I had taken two terms of nine months Rifampicin. After that, the digestion problem and mood swings continued. A lot of tests were done in different big hospit...  Read Full »

Natural Sources and Health Benefits of Probiotics

Article Overview: This article explains about probiotics, their health benefits, and natural sources of probiotics. Read Article

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Probiotics are naturally occurring bacteria in our gut. The word 'Probiotic' is derived from a Latin word 'Pro’ meaning ‘Promoting’ and the Greek word 'Biotic' which means 'Life.' Probiotics are live microorganisms in the gut that have several health benefits. Many kinds of ba...  Read Article

Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea (AAD)

Article Overview: Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is the passing of watery stools after taking antibiotics. It results from infection by antibiotic-resistant pathogens. Read Article

Dr. Geethu Thomas

The consequences of long-term antibiotic administration are diarrhea, antibiotic resistance, impaired immunity, increased cost of treatment, organ failures and deaths and reduction in beneficial phytoestrogens. Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is unexplained diarrhea associated with the use of a...  Read Article

Ask a Geriatrician Now