Q. I took Sodium ascorbate and multivitamins, but I have diarrhea. Is it COVID-19?

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 12, 2021

I am 21 years old. I have diarrhea for a week. I took multivitamins, Loperamide, and sodium ascorbate daily. I was told that diarrhea is one of the symptoms of COVID-19. Kindly suggest.

#

I understand your concern. Diarrhea can be a symptom of COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2). You have an unlikely cause to have it as your respiratory rate is in reference range and your body temperature is low indicating a sign of undernutrition. I suggest you consult a doctor for doing some investigations and stool culture. You can take Flea seeds and Probiotics instead of Loperamide. Drink enough water. Take enough salt and minerals. It is good to eat rice with slightly salted yogurt and drink black tea with sugar and without milk.

You seem to have a digestive tract infection.

Do stool culture and other investigations.

You can have other causes.

You seem to have an infection of the digestive tract due to unknown reasons.

Consult your doctor for doing some investigations. Take Flea seeds one teaspoon in the morning and evening with 300 ml of water. Take a probiotic supplement. Take rice with slightly salted yogurt. Take black tea with sugar and without milk.

Take good rest.

Have a follow-up at any time.

|