iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersMedical GastroenterologydiarrheaI had loose motions for two days. Please help.

What medications can be taken to stop watery loose motion that occurs after eating outside food?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 9, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 31, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I have been suffering from watery loose motion for two days. I have had outside food. I am taking Roko to stop loose motion. I am also taking Orni 500 one time in the night for stomach infection and Meftal spas if there is pain in the stomach. Please guide the perfect medicine to stop loose motion and stomach infection. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Ghulam Fareed


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I thoroughly read your query and understand your concern.

I have reviewed your case history. This seems to be infective diarrhea, as a history of eating out is positive. Tablet Roko (Imodium) usually helps in non-infective diarrhea. You are already on antibiotics like Orni 500 (Ornidazole 500 mg).

My suggestions will be,

1) Check your blood profile complete blood count (CBC), CRP (C-reactive protein), and stool DR (detailed report).

2) Drink plenty of water and even an ORS (oral rehydration solution) sachet in one liter of water in order to avoid dehydration.

3) Stop Meftal syrup, and switch to anti-spasmodic medicine like tablet NoSpas (Dicyclomine and Mefenamic acid) or tablet Colofec (Mebeverine) one to two times half an hour before meals for abdominal pain.

4) If an infection is confirmed on the above laboratory investigations, you can take antibiotics accordingly, like stopping Orni 500, switching to tablet Flagyl (Metronidazole) 400 mg three times per day and tablet Ciprofloxacin 250 mg twice daily, both for three days.

5) Do the above blood test before starting antibiotics.

6) In case of no improvement, per rectal bleeding, or continuous loose motions, visit your nearby hospital for proper evaluation.

Hope I have answered your queries.

Kind regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ghulam Fareed
Dr. Ghulam Fareed

Medical Gastroenterology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Medical Gastroenterology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy