Q. I have uncontrollable watery diarrhea and so cannot visit my GP. Please help.

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

I am a 52 year old female. I am 5 feet 9 inches tall and weigh 11 stones exactly. For the past five weeks, I have had uncontrollable watery diarrhea, no blood. Not much pain. I am type 2 diabetic. I am beginning to feel very weak and tired now. At night especially, I find I have been fecally incontinent on waking. I cannot visit my GP as the diarrhea is unrelenting and happens unexpectedly. Please help if you can. Many thanks.

#

Most of the times, diarrhea is due to a viral infection.

Maintaining hydration is very important and you can take ORS (oral rehydration salts) or coconut water or clear soups.

Also, check your blood sugar if you have a home glucose monitor.

A visit to your physician is recommended as soon as possible.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|