Diazepam

Can Glycerin suppository be used twice a week for a 2-month-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 month old daughter started passing stool irregularly, from the past eight days. She was passing a lot of gas, but it did not smell. Seeing no improvement, we took her to the pediatrician, who said she had gas in her stomach. So, he gave her Decolic, Neopeptine, and Glycerin suppo...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This must probably be your first child, that is why this query. Please note that children under the age of six months may pass stools either 10 to 15 times a month or once in 2 to 3 days. And it is absolutely normal. You should be worried only if the child has not passed ...  Read Full »

How long can Benzodiazepines be detected in the urine?

Query: Hi doctor, How long will a Benzodiazepine that is Valium and Nitrazepam remain detectable through urinalysis? The drug has not been used so long, may be of seven to eight days. What is the best method of detoxification?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The duration for the urine toxicology screen being positive depends upon the type of Benzodiazepines being used. In light of the two drugs you mentioned, it may stay positive until a week or so. Regarding detox, there are two different ways of doing it and it depends upon...  Read Full »

Can Valium be taken by a hypertensive person during travel?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 5'10", male, 175 lbs. Blood pressure is a little high. Otherwise in general good health.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are your BP readings? What is your age?  Read Full »

What might help my increased urge to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male with no medical conditions. I am on Propecia 1 mg for hair loss, and I have been on it for the past three years. Six months ago, I started getting an urge to urinate more frequently. I had a feeling of my bladder getting full. The urge was not that strong...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These urinary symptoms in young males are many times due to the sphincter dyssynergia (disturbance of the normal synergistic coordination between bladder contraction and external urethral sphincter muscles relaxation during voiding). Valium (Diazepam) also relaxes the ...  Read Full »

Can I take Valium along with Deanxit to manage anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I have lots of anxiety issues. I have taken Deanxit in the past. Then I stopped it for a year. I started taking it back again six months ago. I have a long flight to take soon. I have a fear of flying. Can I take one pill of Valium 5 mg while taking the Deanxit? So, that I can sleep on t...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history, it seems that you are having generalized anxiety. Yes, you can take Valium (Diazepam) for symptomatic relief. It will help you to get proper sleep in long duration. Deanxit (Melitracen with Flupenthixol) is a good tablet to deal with anxiety s...  Read Full »

Despite taking Restoril there is difficulty in falling asleep. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 76-year-old male. I have difficulty to fall asleep for more than two years. I started to take 0.25 mg of Restoril and 1 mg of Melatonin. As the days progressed, I increased my Restoril dosage gradually to 1.25 mg and Melatonin to 3 mg. Last night, I found it was not enough. In ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have tolerance for Restoril (Temazepam). We can increase the dose up to 30 mg before sleep. Kindly do not stop the medication abruptly. It should be stopped gradually over at least a period of two weeks. Also Valium (Diazepam) 10 mg before sleep c...  Read Full »

The moment I go to bed, thoughts starts pouring without any relevance. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a patient with neuropathy and bedridden for the last eight years. I watch tv for eight to nine hours a day. I am suffering from insomnia for the last one year. The reason for sleeplessness is thoughts and thoughts. The moment I go to bed thoughts starts pouring in one by one without...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. As per details provided by you, it is probable that you may be experiencing some underlying anxiety or depressive disorder. Though the hypnotics mentioned by you relieve the anxiety and improves sleep, they do so only on a temporary basis. It is no...  Read Full »