Q. Can we use Glycerin suppository twice a week, for my 2 month old daughter?

Answered by Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Glycerin Suppository or Baby Constipation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Can we use Glycerin suppository twice a week, for my 2 month old daughter?

My 2 month old daughter started passing stool irregularly, from the past eight days. She was passing a lot of gas, but it did not smell. Seeing no improvement, we took her to the pediatrician, who said she had gas in her stomach. So, he gave her Decolic, Neopeptine, and Glycerin suppository. When we came back home, we applied Glycerin suppository and had an immediate effect, and she passed a good amount of stool. It was yellow in color, sticky, and semisolid. But again after that, she did not potty for three and a half days. So, we again applied the suppository today, which made her potty. Is she suffering from constipation? Is this common, as she is exclusively on breastfeeding? Is the use of suppository safe for her? Will it cause any harm in the future? Is there any permanent and natural solution?