Q. Kindly suggest the diet to improve my health.

Dr. C. Elanchezhian
This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 03, 2019

My height is 165 cm, and my body weight is 79 kg. I want to start doing exercise, and I want to become healthy. I want to know about what diet I must follow to improve my health. How many proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, fats do I need to consume daily, and what diet I must take?

#

An average man needs 2500 calories to maintain, and 2000 to lose one pound of weight per week. At present, you are overweight BMI is 28.7. You have to reduce, but healthily. Choose whole foods instead of processed food, and avoid sugary drinks. Keep healthy food readily available. Fruits, vegetables, lean meats, fish, eggs, and nuts. Eat more fish than meat.

Use whole grain flour in baking recipes and eat in smaller plates. Calculate 2000 calories. That means eating the equivalent of six ounces of grains each day, which includes 2.5 cups of veggies, two cups of fruit, three cups of dairy, and 5.5 ounces of protein-rich foods. Divide your food out over five meals like three slightly larger meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and two smaller snacks.

|