Q. I have diabetes in spite of taking Amaryl and Janumet. Please suggest.

Dr. M. A. Toyeb, Nazma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 51 year old male. I have diabetes. My fasting is 150 to 160 and PP is 250 to 300. I am taking Amaryl 2 mg morning and Janumet 50/1000 after lunch and dinner. Please suggest.

#

You are already taking Amaryl (Glimepiride) 2 mg and Janumet 50/1000 (Sitagliptin and Metformin) twice but still, your blood sugar is not under control.

Are you following dietary restrictions properly? Your weight is on the higher side.

I suggest the dose of Metformin can be increased to 1000 thrice daily but then you have to take Sitagliptin 50 twice separately. Amaryl 2 can be made twice daily. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

If even after making this change, your blood sugar levels are not controlled within one month, you may have to take Insulin.

With this, strict diet restrictions and weight reduction have to be followed.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to write.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|