Q. What precautions should be taken during pregnancy regarding food and lifestyle?

Dr. Digvijay
Published on Sep 17, 2018

I am 31 years old and got married three years ago. This is my second pregnancy and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. I had terminated my first pregnancy due to my bad health condition. I am a practicing architect and a teacher. My work schedule is about 9 to 10 working hours a day with a sedentary pattern.

My first sonography was taken during my fourth week of pregnancy which showed that I have a septate uterus. During my eighth week, there was some bleeding observed in my vagina. On my gynecologist suggestion, I had another sonography which showed that everything was normal. Post that my doctor put me on bedrest for four weeks. I also had NT scan and dual marker blood test during my 12th week whose reports were normal. The doctor has recommended me to have a uterus stitched at 14 to 16 weeks.

Please guide me as to what precautions should I take with respect to food and lifestyle? Since I have a successful architectural practice, I am under stress to complete the work on the given deadline. There has been a month backlog in work which may cause me severe financial issues. Is it advisable to return back to work with all the above complications? If yes, what precautions can I take?

Dr. Digvijay

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

With working job and pregnancy, it is a difficult task. First being pregnant you need to relax. Do not stress out. Stress even mental stress has ill effects on pregnancy. Also, your weight is on the higher side. As you crossed 12 weeks, do a minimal routine physical activity. In diet, eat more vegetable and fruits with dry fruits. Avoid junk, processed, fried food. Also, stitch, you can put for the betterment of pregnancy. As far as now, your pregnancy is more important than anything else.