Diet Plan

Is brown rice good for a diabetic patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. My height is 6 feet height and weight is 90 kg. I have been a hypertensive for the past ten years. My fasting sugar generally comes in the range of 100 to 130; PP 140 to 170 and A1c level is 6.6. Should I start medicine for this? For hypertension I am taking Losar...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your levels are indicating that you are diabetic. But, the values are not that high enough to start on medications. I recommend you to start diabetic diet and exercise regularly. Also, repeat your fasting blood sugar (FBS), postprandial blood sugar (PPBS), and HbA1...  Read Full »

Vegetarian diet plan for a type 2 diabetic patient.

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know vegetarian diet plan for a type 2 diabetes patient. She is a 58 year old female and her blood sugar level is 150. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start by following some basic rules of eating healthy. Include raw foods like vegetable salads in the diet. Fruits can be taken in moderation once a day. Avoid fruits with a high glycemic index like grapes, mango and jackfruit. Eat three different typ...  Read Full »

Please suggest diet chart for patients with high creatinine.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 55 years old and I am a diabetic patient with high BP. In a recent test the creatinine, uric acid and protein found to abnormal. I have been advised the following diet plan like protein 0.9 g per kg per day, diabetic, low potassium, low urate and low phosphorus. I am a non-vegetarian...  Read Full »

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following diet chart is designed for you according to your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please follow it properly. Wake up time - 7 AM. Breakfast:  Milk - half cup (200 mL). Arrowroot biscuit - 1 piece. Oats - 3 to 4 tablespoons. Boiled e...  Read Full »

Please give some health tips to gain weight.

Query: Hello doctor, I want to increase my weight. Advise me for proper diet planning. Give healthy tips for a diet to increase my weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Sruthi B Ramesh

Ayurveda Specialist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Healthy diet to gain weight includes, 1. Whole fat milk. 2. Fruits like papaya, apple etc,. 3. Whole wheat products. 4. Dry fruits and nuts. Include the above regularly in your diet. Additionally, ayurvedic medicine called Kushmanda rasayana which is a pumpkin prepara...  Read Full »

Please suggest a non-vegetarian diet plan for diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old female. I am on diabetic medication since two years. I have attached my reports. Two months ago, my blood sugars were 149 FBS and 154 PPBS. The doctor had prescribed Istamet 50/500 (1-0-1), Gliclapack 30 mg (1-0-0), and Benipack 4 mg (1-0-1). Last week, the sugars w...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Suryawanshi

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diet plan for you is as follows: Early morning: green tea or black tea. After 10 minutes: three to four soaked almonds and walnuts. Breakfast: one glass of skimmed milk and three idlis with sambhar (avoid coconut chutney) or khandvi or besan chela or moong d...  Read Full »

Does masturbation cause weight loss in females?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5.8 inches. I am very thin. My weight is not appropriate according to my height. My weight is only 55 kg, and it is neither increasing or decreasing. I also have a good habit of eating everything almost. The primary concern is that even...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent masturbation does not have much effect on your health. You can maintain a strict exercise regimen along with the proper diet you are having. Start muscle strengthening exercises such as wall press, pushups, abs strengthening, etc. Drink milk every day with two...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan for reducing weight with PCOS.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I am a college student. Few weeks back, I was told that I have PCOS because of which I am facing difficulty in reducing weight. My weight is 65 kg and I am 5'4" height. It would be really helpful if you could suggest me a diet plan.  Read Full »

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can give you some guidance which might help you reduce weight with PCOS (polycystic ovaries). Try to drink at least two liters of water daily. You should have a bowl of soup between breakfast and lunch. Eat lots of vegetables and white meat for lunch. Have some ...  Read Full »

How To Lower Cholesterol On A Paleo Diet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 91 kg, and my height is 5 feet and 2 inches. My cholesterol levels are high, and I am over weight. I have hypertension, and I am taking tablets for cholesterol. I need a Paleo diet chart. Please help me. I am attaching my recent reports.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and saw a marked elevation of cholesterol levels with low vitamin D levels. So, it is very much necessary to take up a strict diet so that you get all your vitals to a near normal range. Firs...  Read Full »

Even after eating healthy foods, what are the reasons for not gaining weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I eat healthy food on time. When I feel hungry I used to eat good quantity of food, but I am not putting weight. What could be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet chart to reduce weight and improve fertility.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 24 years old and her height is 4'10" and weight is 61 kg. She is a bit overweight and also has PCOD problem. We got married 2 years back and she cannot get pregnant. Please send the diet chart to reduce her weight. What are all the foods that she can take to improve ferti...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. From your information, I got to know that she is obese. She needs to reduce approximately 6 kg. It is too much weight for her height but no worry she can reduce it by diet and some exercises. She needs very low calorie diet of about 1200...  Read Full »