Q. I am 13 weeks pregnant. Kindly explain about subseptate uterus.

Published on Jun 26, 2019

I am 13 weeks pregnant. I have been diagnosed with subseptate uterus with the live fetus in the left horn. Baby is good, with heartbeat and growth. My doctor has advised me proper rest and some medicines. I want to know in detail about this subseptate uterus.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Let me start with a few basic facts and further clinical correlates and effects. Every lady has two uterine tubes, which fuse at birth, and over time, the wall between the two tubes disappear. Now the uterus is converted into a single cavity uterus. The upper ends of tubes remain separate as two fallopian tubes. Sometimes the fusion is complete, but the partition does not disappear.

If the tubes do not touch others or do not fuse at all, then you get bicornuate uterus. But if only the wall is partially removed, it forms subseptate uterus. If the wall does not disappear at all, then the septate uterus is formed. Now in both the last two conditions, the main problem is that the space inside the uterus is compromised. The best option was to have a hysteroscopic resection of septa then get pregnant.

Having rest makes no difference. At 14 to 16 the week, she can undergo an elective cervical cerclage. Due to septa, uterus loses its polarity, and she is prone to cervical insufficiency. As space inside the uterus is compromised, she can have preterm pains, preterm labor. Due to septate, the baby presentation may not be head down. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions.

| 

Am i pregnant if the pregnancy test is negative?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my last period on the 1st of last month. I did not have sex until the 33rd day (it was protected sex) of my cycle. Now, I have not yet had my periods. It is the 39th day and I took a pregnancy test on the 38th day and it came out to be negative. I do not know what to do. I did ha...  Read Full »