Q. I have difficulty in swallowing and a sore throat. What should I do?

I have a fever for almost three days. The first day it was not a high temperature. I had difficulty swallowing and I had a sore throat. Today, the fever is 39.3 Celsius. I had tonsillitis three times before and I have been prescribed Co-amoxiclav, Dequadin, and Strepsils. Please help.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post.

You are already on antibiotics.

It would be better to get a throat swab done and a CBC (complete blood count).

I suggest you change the antibiotic to Levofloxacin 500 mg once a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

For how many days should I need to take the Levofloxacin?

#

Levofloxacin 500 mg has to be taken for seven days once a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicine.

You need to avoid cold drinks and ice cream for those days.

| 

Thank you for your help and support.

#

You are most welcome. Kindly revert to me for more queries.

| 

I have sore throat and weight loss. Do I need to test again for STD?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a test for STD and the results came negative for all tests. I received an oral sex from a spa therapist eight weeks ago. I tested for STD at six weeks. But I have a sore throat for one month and there is weight loss. Today I could see tiny rashes on my genitals. I tested again for...  Read Full »

Are white bumps under the tongue normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female, and I have white bumps on the back of my tongue. I also have painful white sores on the sides of the tongue. I have been getting painful sores on the tip of my tongue quite frequently for the past two months. But this time, the pain was severe. I did get some re...  Read Full »