Q. My dad passed away. How to make sure my mom is happy?

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Hello doctor,

My dad expired one year back. My brother is elder and not interested to look after my mom. So, she stays with me. I am trying hard to make her happy, but it goes in vain. I need a suggestion on how to behave.

#

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for your dedication towards your mother. I really appreciate that you are looking after your mother.

• As you are her daughter, she is expecting that her son look after her. But, it is not possible in this case. So, she is really disappointed.
  • You should engage her in recreational activities like playing with grandchildren, meeting close relatives of the same age and involving herself in holistic activities so that she will be diverted from her problems.
  • Old age is like childhood. In such situations, we have to take care of our parents as our own children. Often, they become very aggressive. So, we need to listen to them patiently and share our unconditional love with them.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|