Distraction is a process of disturbing someone's attention that remains focused on a particular subject. It is caused due to internal and external factors. The common internal factors are hunger, illness, fatigue, and daydreaming. External factors are noise heard from the outer environment. During distractions, a person is unable to pay attention to particular ones, absence of interest in doing works, and attractiveness over something above the subject of attention.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I lose my focus suddenly in between the conversation and become insecure whenever I talk to people. Why so?

Query: Hello doctor, My problem is that whenever I talk to anyone I lose my focus suddenly in between the conversation and become insecure. I am unable to focus and always get distracted while talking to people. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. I understand your concern. You are suffering from social anxiety. You need to be confident. Start talking with yourself by making your eye to eye contact and looking into the mirror. Read good books, write a journal or your thoughts that wi...  Read Full »

I cannot focus and control my thoughts whenever I sit to study. How can I stay calm, focused, and alert?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. I live in a fictional world I cannot control my thoughts. My mind starts wandering whenever I sit to study, and I cannot control it. How to remain calm, alert, and focused for 24 hours? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. I understand your concern. It takes time to develop concentration; scientifically, it is impossible to concentrate for a long time. You need to take a break after at least 5 to 10 minutes. But during the break, do not use mobile or electronic ...  Read Full »

How to concentrate on my studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student. When I sit for study, I just start feeling distractions from small noises and things. Most of the time, I go to imaginations of things I want to create and sometimes, I suddenly start daydreaming about different kinds of thoughts. Sometimes, I start to remember about pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The recurrent distractibility could be occurring due to anxiety and should be evaluated. Intrusive thoughts during studying result in distraction. If remembering the things related to the past and imagining things are causing distres...  Read Full »

How to stop imagining fake scenarios in my mind?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not know why but I make a virtual world for myself. I always fake things about myself, tell untrue stories. When I remember people, like my ex-boyfriend, I imagine a conversation between me and him that had never happened and I feel happy. I keep imagining all that I wanted to do...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. People use imagination as a defense or escape from reality. Some degree of imagination is alright because it makes us imagine a goal, feeling of happiness, if achieved, hence motivate a person for a target or goal but the use of excessive imagination can lead to wastage...  Read Full »

I had gay encounters followed by a lot of bleeding. Can it be AIDS?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32-year-old man. I had gay encounters with three men in a massage parlor on three different days. In all three cases, we have used condoms. In my second and third encounters, I got a lot of blood, and that too very dark-colored blood, and something else also came. I had a word wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that the transmission of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) requires the mixing of body fluids. The use of condoms effectively prevents such mixing. I understand that there was bleedi...  Read Full »

How to keep my mother happy after the passing away of my father?

Query: Hello doctor,My dad expired one year back. My brother is elder and not interested to look after my mom. So, she stays with me. I am trying hard to make her happy, but it goes in vain. I need a suggestion on how to behave.  Read Full »

Dr. Rathod Rahul Narayanrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for your dedication towards your mother. I really appreciate that you are looking after your mother. As you are her daughter, she is expecting that her son look after her. But, it is not possible in this case. So, she is really...  Read Full »

How can I divert myself from the fight I had with my family?

Query: Hi doctor, I did not sleep for the past few months. I did not have proper food. Even if I am hungry, I could not eat. I had been through a fight with my family as well as my fiance. I do not want to leave, but I want to know how I can divert myself. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. When a person goes through an emotional upheaval, he or she is liable to experience a number of symptoms such as sadness, loss of sleep, and loss of appetite. Regarding distracting yourself, keep yourself engaged in some activities like a hobby or st...  Read Full »

I feel devastated after the death of my dog. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, My dog passed away, and I cannot quit crying. I might need something to help me deal with this. What would be the best medicine for this? I am 54 and not taking any regular medication. I feel devastated by her loss.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is an acute stress reaction. It will take some time, but it will heal. If it is getting worse day by day, then you can try medicines for a few days. I suggest Escitalopram 10 mg in the morning with 0.5 mg Clonazepam at night. You can use it for four to six weeks. It m...  Read Full »

How to help a child disturbed after seeing a sex video?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 12 years old. She saw a glimpse of a sex video at the age of 7. She was inquisitive at that time. Somehow, we gave her a vague reply and the issue got settled. But now, since last week or so, she started to behave abnormally keeping to herself. After prodding her, we got a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, talk to her and try to find out why after five years she started remembering the video. I do not think that seeing a glimpse of video at 7 will be remembered at 12. If nothing significant found, then give her a non-specific explanation. You can tell her ...  Read Full »

My partner is not talking to me and I am feeling alone. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trouble in my relationship, my partner has not been contacting me for the past one month and it is affecting me a lot. I am talking to myself considering that I am talking to him, I am making up stories of why he is doing this, sometimes the story is against him and somtimes ...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This will last for some more weeks and you will then get adjusted to new change in your life. If he is not contacting you and is totally ignoring you then in that case there is no benefit in thinking about him. If he is so stubborn that he has no contact with you for...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.