Distraction

How to tackle my concentration problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am doing my second year college. I am unable to concentrate on my studies during the exam. I am very much tensed. I am always overthinking the situations. My parents stay in abroad. I am capable of scoring good marks, but because of my fear I cannot do anything. Is there any way to com...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can. At the start, let me tell you, you are not the only one who is facing this. Many of us go through such phase and come out of it. So, do not worry and think about things that you like to do and give some time to them every day. This will give you a feeling of...  Read Full »

My partner is not talking to me and I am feeling alone. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trouble in my relationship, my partner has not been contacting me for the past one month and it is affecting me a lot. I am talking to myself considering that I am talking to him, I am making up stories of why he is doing this, sometimes the story is against him and somtimes ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This will last for some more weeks and you will then get adjusted to new change in your life. If he is not contacting you and is totally ignoring you then in that case there is no benefit in thinking about him. If he is so stubborn that he has no contact with you for...  Read Full »

My friend is disturbing me and I cannot study or work. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am preparing for my entrance exam. I am not able to concentrate on my studies since four months. I got shifted to a different hostel with my friend before four months. In the beginning, all was good and he is very much talkative and creepy. He always used to sit in my room and talk ab...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Because of one friend you cannot put your future at risk. If his company is not good or he is wasting your time, then better to keep yourself away from such friend. You are there to study and not to make friends. If you get a good rank, then only that thing will matter. N...  Read Full »

I talk to people in mind and live in a virtual world. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I do not know why but I make a virtual world for myself. I always fake things about myself, tell untrue stories. When I remember people, like my ex-boyfriend, I imagine a conversation between me and him that had never happened and I feel happy. I keep imagining all that I wanted to do...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. People use imagination as a defense or escape from reality. Some degree of imagination is alright because it makes us imagine a goal, feeling of happiness, if achieved, hence motivate a person for a target or goal but the use of excessive imagination can lead to wastage...  Read Full »

How to overcome the disgust after having an injured bird fly into my kitchen?

Query: Hello doctor, Today in the morning a wounded pigeon entered my kitchen suddenly. It was attacked by other pigeons. It sat down on my mixer. I took a stick to remove it. But, failed to remove it. I am a vegetarian. I cannot tolerate such a thing in my kitchen. Nobody helped me. At last, my maid came ...  Read Full »

Dr. Youness Tanani

Nutritionist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be a bit too sensitive, but I understand the situation. As you are a vegetarian, I think you focused on the fact and you are still remembering the meat in general. A similar feeling happens to people who do not eat pork. Once they think about it, they feel ...  Read Full »

I had gay encounters followed by a lot of bleeding. Can it be AIDS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old man. I had gay encounters with three men in a massage parlor on three different days. In all the three cases, we have used condoms. In my second and third encounter, I got a lot of blood and that too very dark colored blood and something else also came. I had a w...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that the transmission of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) requires the mixing of body fluids. The use of condom effectively prevents such mixing. I understand that there was bleed...  Read Full »

My dad passed away. How to make sure my mom is happy?

Query: Hello doctor,My dad expired one year back. My brother is elder and not interested to look after my mom. So, she stays with me. I am trying hard to make her happy, but it goes in vain. I need a suggestion on how to behave.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for your dedication towards your mother. I really appreciate that you are looking after your mother. As you are her daughter, she is expecting that her son look after her. But, it is not possible in this case. So, she is really...  Read Full »

I had a rift with my family. Please help me to divert myself.

Query: Hi doctor, I did not sleep for the past few months. I did not have proper food. Even if I am hungry, I could not eat. I had been through a fight with my family as well as my fiance. I do not want to leave, but I want to know how I can divert myself. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. When a person goes through an emotional upheaval, he or she is liable to experience a number of symptoms such as sadness, loss of sleep, and loss of appetite. Regarding distracting yourself, keep yourself engaged in some activities like a hobby or st...  Read Full »

I feel devastated for the death of my dog. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My dog passed away, and I cannot quit crying. I might need something to help me deal with this. What would be the best medicine for this? I am 54 and not taking any regular medication. I feel devastated by her loss.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is an acute stress reaction. It will take some time, but it will heal. If it is getting worse day by day, then you can try medicines for a few days. I suggest Escitalopram 10 mg in the morning with 0.5 mg Clonazepam at night. You can use it for four to six weeks. It m...  Read Full »

My daughter has been disturbed by a glimpse of sex video. Kindly guide us.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 12 years old. She saw a glimpse of a sex video at the age of 7. She was inquisitive at that time. Somehow, we gave her a vague reply and the issue got settled. But now, since last week or so, she started to behave abnormally keeping to herself. After prodding her, we got a ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, talk to her and try to find out why after five years she started remembering the video. I do not think that seeing a glimpse of video at 7 will be remembered at 12. If nothing significant found, then give her a non-specific explanation. You can tell her ...  Read Full »