Q. The sight of blood worries me. Please help.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2020

I am a 23 year old man. I am working in a hospital cafeteria. When I was washing a cart for coffee, I saw a red spot. I freaked and I became worried. It was blood and I have a few cuts on my hand. I did not wear gloves. Now any time I see red color I have phobia. I am worried whether I will develop some infection. Please help.

#

• Do not worry. All red spots are not blood. If so handle with care.
  • Do not touch directly if you have open wound. Just dried wounds or cracks in hands will not transmit disease.
  • Just keep a watch. If you develop any fever or other symptoms, then do inform me. Take care.

Revert back for doubts to a community medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/community-medicine-physician

|