Q. The sight of blood worries me. Please help.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
Published on Apr 06, 2016

I am a 23 year old man. I am working in a hospital cafeteria. When I was washing a cart for coffee, I saw a red spot. I freaked and I became worried. It was blood and I have a few cuts on my hand. I did not wear gloves. Now any time I see red color I have phobia. I am worried whether I will develop some infection. Please help.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Preventive Medicine Venereology
#

• Do not worry. All red spots are not blood. If so handle with care.
  • Do not touch directly if you have open wound. Just dried wounds or cracks in hands will not transmit disease.
  • Just keep a watch. If you develop any fever or other symptoms, then do inform me. Take care.

Revert back for doubts to a community medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/community-medicine-physician

What is the chance of transmitting TB to partner after completion of medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pulmonary TB and this is the third month since taking medicine. I had blood in sputum few times and sputum test showed negative but based on CT scan, the doctor suspected pulmonary TB. I was recommended medicine for six months. I am feeling better after taking medicine and...  Read Full »

4 Ways in Which Kids Can Stay Healthy This Rainy Season

Article Overview: Rains do bring happiness and joy amongst all of us, especially among children who love to make paper boats and sail them in the water. The respite from the scorching heat brings relief to everyone. But, along with all the joy, rains also bring some health issues such as food poisoning, diarrhea, cold, cough, fever, allergies and various infections caused by various bacteria and viruses. Hence, it becomes necessary to improve the kid’s immunity and protect them from infections, especially cold, fever and diarrhea. Read Article

Dr. Krystel Quadros
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Following are four ways in which kids can stay healthy this monsoon. Encourage Your Child to Drink Boiled Water It is very important for kids to consume boiled water or filtered water. If the child drinks unfiltered water, the kid is very likely to get water-borne diseases like cholera, diarrhea,and...  Read Article

Can lower abdominal pain mean kidney problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old female having one kid of 3 years old. It has been one year since I am suffering from lower abdominal pain and I took medicine as per gynecologist advice for reducing swelling of my uterus and today I decided to go for an ultrasound and after that ultrasound report, I...  Read Full »

Ask a Community Medicine Physician Now