Q. Will I transmit TB to my partner after completion of the TB medicine?

I am having pulmonary TB and this is the third month since taking medicine. I had blood in sputum few times and sputum test showed negative but based on CT scan, the doctor suspected pulmonary TB. I was recommended medicine for six months. I am feeling better after taking medicine and no more cough or blood in sputum. There is a marriage plan in the family but I have doubts about recovering from this disease. These are some queries in this regard.

Whether any other treatments are required after completing six months of medicine? If yes, mention details. What is the chance of transmitting TB to partner after completion of medicine? How long one should wait for marriage after completion of TB medicine? What kind of risks a TB patient carries even after completion of medicine? Whether I am still infectious to others after taking medicine?

#

Welcome to icliniq. com.

I would need to know that have you got a repeat sputum test or chest X-ray after the treatment has started. I need to see that before I could answer your questions.

Thanks for the reply. There have been no tests after starting medicines. I have attached the CT scan report done earlier for your reference. Please advice based on that report in an ideal situation. I request kindly mention how serious is my TB while answering earlier queries.

#

After assessing your reports, my answers would be no specific treatment required. You may take multivitamins for a few months. No chances of transmitting TB if it is completely eradicated. You can marry anytime after completing treatment, even before. No risks as usual. Usually, a person gets non-infective after two weeks of treatment. I hope it helps you.

|