Q. Can hepatitis B be transmitted by saliva?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Feb 03, 2018

Is hepatitis B transmitted by saliva? Hepatitis B virus is just detected in my body. My viral load is 1.5 * 10^5 count/mL. Is it possible for me to get totally cure for this disease? If it is possible how much time will it take to get totally cured?

#

Hepatitis B can be transmitted by sharing needles, the blood of infected persons, unprotected sexual activity, and saliva.

Acute infection is not usually treated as body overcomes the virus but chronic infection may require treatment with the combination of medications for up to 12 months. The cure rate is high.

The decision of treatment depends on the HBV (hepatitis B vaccine) markers as well as ALT (alanine transaminase) level.

I suggest you do your labs and have your HBV markers and ALT done. Consult your physician.

Does the right side of your stomach pain? Do you have yellowish eyes or dark-coloured urine?

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I think I have a liver damage. Should I get tested for hepatitis A and B?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my blood results, which I have uploaded. There are two files. One is about three months old and the other one is from today. I am afraid that I have a liver damage. Should I get tested for hepatitis A, B and C? I had donated blood four months ago and that time there was no p...  Read Full »

Can hepatitis C be transferred if the blood is in a dried state?

Query: Hello doctor, Can hepatitis C be transferred if the blood is in a dried state? For example, it dried on a surface and you touch it with another dry object or with dry hands. I understand if you wet the dry blood to clean it up it can transfer but I am talking in a strictly dry state. I was told it ...  Read Full »