Q. Can hepatitis B be transmitted by saliva?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Is hepatitis B transmitted by saliva? Hepatitis B virus is just detected in my body. My viral load is 1.5 * 10^5 count/mL. Is it possible for me to get totally cure for this disease? If it is possible how much time will it take to get totally cured?

#

Hepatitis B can be transmitted by sharing needles, the blood of infected persons, unprotected sexual activity, and saliva.

Acute infection is not usually treated as body overcomes the virus but chronic infection may require treatment with the combination of medications for up to 12 months. The cure rate is high.

The decision of treatment depends on the HBV (hepatitis B vaccine) markers as well as ALT (alanine transaminase) level.

I suggest you do your labs and have your HBV markers and ALT done. Consult your physician.

Does the right side of your stomach pain? Do you have yellowish eyes or dark-coloured urine?

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|