Q. I am suffering from lower abdominal pain. Is it due to kidney issue?

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya

I am a 29 year old female having one kid of 3 years old. It has been one year since I am suffering from lower abdominal pain and I took medicine as per gynecologist advice for reducing swelling of my uterus and today I decided to go for an ultrasound and after that ultrasound report, I was told my uterus is fine but I have a kidney issue. I am attaching my report along with this mail. Please look into this.

#

The sonography report shows mild swelling of both kidneys. This may be due to holding urine for sonography. It may also be due to infection, stone or some block in kidney tubes. You should get a repeat sonography of KUB (kidney, ureter, bladder) done with an empty bladder and also check for residual urine volume. Please also get a urine routine and creatinine test done. Please let me know the reports and also whatever complaints you have, what is the frequency of urination, what is water intake, is there any history of urine infections or stone disease, etc. Take care.

Yes, I have a frequent UTI problem.

#

First get repeat sonography done and urine test and creatinine. Then I will suggest some medicine to treat infection if present. Then we will start a three months course of medicine to prevent infections.

|