Q. How can I divert my mind when I become sad due to the rude behavior of my loved one?

Answered by Dr. Suresh Kumar G D and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Divert Attention or Depression? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 32-year-old woman. The one with whom I am in love sometimes behave rudely to me. He remains silent whenever he dislikes anything that I say. I am a bit outspoken, and I am unable to control this. His silence kills me. I find it difficult to do routine work.

I feel so sad and shattered. He will not answer my messages and will not pick up my call even if I had called 50 times a day. I feel like hurting myself. I suffer from depression since childhood, and I am taking Amitriptyline since the last 13-14 years. How can I divert my mind and focus on my work during those times? It happens almost twice a month. We are together for five years now.