Inner Ear Problem

What are the possible inner ear disorders after falling from a moving escalator?

Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago while descending on a moving escalator I fell down but I was holding the bannister and it only caused me to sit on the steps from where I got up and walked away upon reaching down. Next day, while sitting on a high chair with a very small base and seat, I slipped off b...  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, you are probably suffering from imbalance. It is a type of vertigo. Such problems arises when vestibule of inner ear is not working properly. Balancing of moving body is managed by vestibule of inner ear. Sometimes inner ear gets diseased by ...  Read Full »

Static Sound In My Ears After I Was Exposed To A Gunshot Noise

Query: Hello doctor, I was exposed to a loud noise (gunshot). Since then, I have a static noise in my ears when it is really quiet, and I get a pressure at the back of my head that often turns into a headache. Sometimes, I also get a tone in my right ear. If I do some physical activity, I may have dizzine...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Like you said, the tests are normal. But still, you suffer from a ringing noise inside the ear which is more in quiet surroundings. Physical activity causes dizziness and there is someti...  Read Full »

When there is hearing damage due to high sound, will the same sound level hurt it again?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about hearing. Firstly, I am aware that hearing loss takes place when the tiny hair cells within the inner ear are damaged. My question is, once a particular hair has been damaged, will the same sound level that previously damaged it, hurt it again? For example, if yo...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is something called a temporary threshold shift and permanent hearing loss. Temporary loss is the loss which if a sudden burst of sound and you get hearing loss as hair cells are fatigued however hearing regains soon in some time. If it is a permanent loss that...  Read Full »

I am suffering from dizziness and headache. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I am suffering from dizziness and headache. There is some fluid sensation in my inner head. I have seen a neuro doctor and they said there is nothing to worry. But, there is a fluid leakage sensation which is quite disturbing. I would like to take an MRI. Kindly ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be having BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) which is nothing but an inner ear inflammation. This can be mostly due to a viral infection. An ENT doctor will easily be able to check and examine your ear and this usually does not require any test. ...  Read Full »

Why i am hearing some swishing noise in my ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I have this insane swishing noise every time I move my head or eyes. I feel like I am going to pass out. Even opening some doors does it, if they create pressure from pulling.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the movement is worsening the symptoms, it must be an inner ear problem. There could be additionally middle ear block or eustachian tube block as the pressure change worsening it. However, since you have not mentioned the duration, I am mentioning all possib...  Read Full »

What could cause the eyes to go around as if spun on a chair?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4. He was diagnosed with vertigo. It started when he was playing on his gadget. We have found that when he plays an action game, he becomes extremely scared and points to his head. When it first started, I saw his eyes going aro, nd and around as if someone spun him in a cha...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's symptoms could be related to epilepsy seizures. For this reason, I recommend performing an EEG (electroencephalogram). Starting an antiepileptic drug may be needed. In case this diagnosis will be confirmed, this situation may last for some years, depending o...  Read Full »

I can walk fast but if I slow down I lose balance. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 70 years old, male. I was in good health, hiked, exercised, ate right. My weight is 175 lb and I am 5'9. A few months ago, I experienced intense vertigo and severe nausea. I was hospitalized for 15+ days where I was tested for meningitis (came back negative), tick born illnesses (n...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to an inner ear disorder. Have you been checked by an ENT specialist? Have you performed any labyrinthine tests? Coming to this point, I would recommend avoiding abrupt head movemen...  Read Full »

Is my dizziness related to any heart problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel dizzy the whole day. In the last 10 days, I have consulted three doctors, physician, ENT doctor and also checked audio test of the ear. The ENT doctor said that there is no problem in ears, but my dizziness is continuing. It feels like there is no balance in my body. I cannot s...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and the fact that your symptoms are relieved by Stemetil (Prochlorperazine maleate) 5 mg, I would conclude that your situation is related to an inner ear disorder. Although the doctor has excluded an inner ear disorder, a viral infection aff...  Read Full »

What causes sudden dizzy episodes that last few seconds?

Query: Hello doctor,This query is about my mother. She is 57 years old. She has these dizzy episodes since last two to two and a half years. They are very short most of the time, lasting for a maximum of few seconds. It happens most of the time when she gets up from the bed or changes position on bed. She ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your question and would explain that your mother symptoms seem to be related to an inner ear disorder.There is nothing to worry about, as her situation improved with Zevert and Vertin once.For this reason, I would recommend starting again Zevert (Betahistine) for...  Read Full »

I get dizziness when I look up or get up. What is causing this?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been getting bouts of confusion, dizziness (when looking up and sometimes when getting up), headaches, pulses, and pressure in my head and what I can only explain as brain fog (during these episodes, I find that my problem solving and my cognitive function is diminished). The epi...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to intracranial hypertension or any of the other disorders. An inner ear disorder, vertigo, or epilepsy may lead to such clinical situation. For this reason, I re...  Read Full »