Inner Ear Problem

Why do I experience dizzy spells frequently?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing dizzy spells for the past week or so. I feel this a couple of times in an hour. The strange thing is that, when they come, I feel it at the top of my head almost like a subtle spasm. But the symptoms remained even when I sleep, though it is usually better when...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be suggestive of an inner ear disorder. For this reason, I would recommend consulting first with an ENT specialist for a physical exam and performing labyrinthine tests. I would also advise ch...  Read Full »

How is an infection in the inner ear wall treated?

Query: Hi , MY query is i suffer from chronic ear infection. This time when ear infection started i started taking ear drops preemptively which worked for me. But the problem is infection is in the inner walls which keeps coming back after out walls are healed and i stop taking drops for 2 weeks. Now i ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, There is a possibility that there is a chronic infection in the middle ear which is located beyond your ear drum. In such a situation plain ear drops will not treat the infection completely. You will require oral antibiotics to completely treat the infection failing which the ear discharge wil...  Read Full »

Will PPI's cause constant headache, dizziness and nausea?

Query: Hello doctor, A few months before, I developed a gastric issue that required treatment with PPIs. Soon into using the drugs I developed headaches, dizziness, and nausea. I changed the type of PPI three times but the symptoms persisted. The symptoms included a feeling of pressure above my right ear ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that the dizziness does not seem to be related to PPI adverse effects, as it would have disappeared now. For this reason, I would recommend consulting first with an ENT specialist in order to exclude a possible inne...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for sharp ear pain in a migraine patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a migraine. I have readjusted my eyeglasses prescription for headaches. I feel sharp pains in my right and now started to feel like it is in my left ear as well. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you would have presented to me as an outpatient, I would have told you that your medical history is grossly inadequate to make any clinical impression. Migraine is unlikely to cause sharp ear pains. It may be related to inner ear pressure abnormalities, eustachian tube...  Read Full »

I have throat infection and inner ear problem. Can I fly?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a metal taste in the mouth, hoarse voice, and scratchy throat. I am not on any medicines or vitamin supplements. I have not changed my diet in any way, and my dental hygiene is very good. I am allergic to Aspirin and have no health issues at all.I also have two inner ear con...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though the history you have given is insufficient to come to any conclusion about the possible causes, I will give information about the common conditions which can have such symptoms. The most common cause for scratchy throat with hoarse voice is routine throat inf...  Read Full »

What are the possible inner ear disorders after falling from a moving escalator?

Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago while descending on a moving escalator I fell down but I was holding the bannister and it only caused me to sit on the steps from where I got up and walked away upon reaching down. Next day, while sitting on a high chair with a very small base and seat, I slipped off b...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, you are probably suffering from imbalance. It is a type of vertigo. Such problems arises when vestibule of inner ear is not working properly. Balancing of moving body is managed by vestibule of inner ear. Sometimes inner ear gets diseased by ...  Read Full »

Static Sound In My Ears After I Was Exposed To A Gunshot Noise

Query: Hello doctor, I was exposed to a loud noise (gunshot). Since then, I have a static noise in my ears when it is really quiet, and I get a pressure at the back of my head that often turns into a headache. Sometimes, I also get a tone in my right ear. If I do some physical activity, I may have dizzine...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Like you said, the tests are normal. But still, you suffer from a ringing noise inside the ear which is more in quiet surroundings. Physical activity causes dizziness and there is someti...  Read Full »

When there is hearing damage due to high sound, will the same sound level hurt it again?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about hearing. Firstly, I am aware that hearing loss takes place when the tiny hair cells within the inner ear are damaged. My question is, once a particular hair has been damaged, will the same sound level that previously damaged it, hurt it again? For example, if yo...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is something called a temporary threshold shift and permanent hearing loss. Temporary loss is the loss which if a sudden burst of sound and you get hearing loss as hair cells are fatigued however hearing regains soon in some time. If it is a permanent loss that...  Read Full »

I am suffering from dizziness and headache. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I am suffering from dizziness and headache. There is some fluid sensation in my inner head. I have seen a neuro doctor and they said there is nothing to worry. But, there is a fluid leakage sensation which is quite disturbing. I would like to take an MRI. Kindly ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be having BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) which is nothing but an inner ear inflammation. This can be mostly due to a viral infection. An ENT doctor will easily be able to check and examine your ear and this usually does not require any test. ...  Read Full »

Why i am hearing some swishing noise in my ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I have this insane swishing noise every time I move my head or eyes. I feel like I am going to pass out. Even opening some doors does it, if they create pressure from pulling.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the movement is worsening the symptoms, it must be an inner ear problem. There could be additionally middle ear block or eustachian tube block as the pressure change worsening it. However, since you have not mentioned the duration, I am mentioning all possib...  Read Full »