Q. What to do if you swallow three tablets of Dolo 650 at a time?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I am 20 years female with no health issues. I have taken three tablets of Dolo 650 at a time on an empty stomach today. What can I do now?

I am worried.

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. Can you please tell me why did you take three tablets? Did you take it due to stress or to treat some severe pain or fever? How many hours have passed already? If you eat properly and drink plenty of water, it will help to metabolite the medicine faster. But in case of symptoms, you need to visit a doctor in person for infusion therapy.

Would you please answer so that I can help?

Thank you for answering. I had consumed it due to stress. I had taken the tablets at 2 PM today and slept for two hours. Already five hours have passed. There are no symptoms of overdosage. Would you please let me know what I should not eat to avoid any interactions? Is there anything serious so that I can visit my nearby hospital?

#

There is nothing to worry about as almost six hours have passed, and it will get eliminated from the body. Just drink plenty of water and take rest. You can have any food other than spicy foods. If you develop symptoms such as severe nausea, vomiting, headache, or dizziness, you can visit a nearby clinic.

Do not take such large dosages again in life as they are not good for your kidney and liver.

If you develop any rashes, irritation, or anything else, just let me know.

Take care.

|