Q. What could a fever of two days duration and rigors be due to?

Dr. Murali R
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Dec 22, 2018

A 58 year old man had a high fever with rigors yesterday. He has given blood for testing.

After the completion of the blood test, he had a febrile illness. Can you suggest medications and do's and don'ts?

#

Fever of two days duration with rigors may be non-specific, viral, malaria or a urinary tract infection. Look for rashes on the body because viral fevers are prevalent now.

Take Dolo 650 (Paracetamol) as when the fever comes, up to a maximum of four times a day. And, if the fever is more than 101 degrees, do a cold sponging.

If he has a cold or cough, he can start antibiotic Augmentin 625 (Amoxicillin and Potassium Clavulanate) twice daily after food for five days. Do a complete blood picture and share the report. If you have any other queries please let me know.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|