Q. What is the reason for double vision following an accident?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Published on Jun 23, 2016

My daughter is 16 years old. She met with an accident and got an injury on her face. It was operated by a maxillofacial surgeon. The upper portion of the right eye is red. She can open her eye, but she is having double vision. What to do?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Redness could be due to subconjunctival hemorrhage. It usually resolves without treatment.
  • Diplopia could be due to nerve palsy. In this case we usually observe the patient for six months for spontaneous recovery.
  • Another less common cause could be muscle entrapment in fracture bone. As she got operated by maxillofacial surgeon the chances for muscle entrapment are less.
  • Having said that it would be better if you can send her medical records and her eye photos. These will help me in guiding you better.

Revert back with the medical records and photos to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

When she tries to open her left eye, she is complaining of pain. Why?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Actually, this is a case of blunt trauma. In blunt trauma, any part of the eye may be affected.
  • A common non-serious issue causing pain is traumatic uveitis, which can be easily treated with a mild steroid eye drop.
  • I would request you have a complete comprehensive eye check up at your place.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Will my residual refractive error reduce after three months of LASIK and CXL?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got LASIK and CXL in one eye, and Epi-LASIK for the other eye. The Epil-LASIK was done a month back. My vision is 6/18 with -2.5 in Epi-LASIK treated eye and 0.5 in LASIK treated eye. The enhancement was not possible as my cornea thickness was low. Can I use spectacles? Some...  Read Full >>

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can use glasses for residual refractive errors. Diplopia is common above 2 diopter difference. However, it may not be the case in every patient. Some people can tolerate larger differences as well. Also, using contact lenses is an option. You can use it in one eye or ...  Read Full

My tongue and lip are numb nine hours after a tooth was removed. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I just removed one wisdom tooth on my right side. It has been nine hours and the half of my tongue, lip and teeth are numb. What should I do? Is this permanent?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query. The numbness you are feeling is because of transient mandibular nerve palsy which is the most common complication of the inferior alveolar nerve block. So, do not panic. It will be alright within 24 hours. You can put hot sand in a clot...  Read Full