Q. I have vision problems after laser IOL implant. What to do?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Published on Jan 26, 2018

After laser IOL implant I now have severe aniseikonia. Was it wrong diopter lense? Can it be undone? Very poor and triple vision. What to do?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I shall try to answer all your queries in detail.

Aniseikonia occurs when the difference in refractive error is more than 4 or 5 diopters between two eyes.

If you say you had laser-assisted cataract surgery which means a femto surgery, the size of incision would be perfect. So, basically, the reason for your aniseikonia would be:

1. Wrong dioptric power.
  2. Wrongly placed lens.
  3. Corneal edema.
  4. Retinal edema.
  5. Also, there can be a reason in which due to sudden improvement is visual acuity of the operated eye you can have double vision in the non-operated eye.

Now, I have told you the option if the wrong lens were implanted, that is, if power error is less than 2 to 3 D one can go for contacts or spectacles but if power error is more than 4 to 5 D one has to go for IOL (intraocular lens) exchange.

To diagnose rest, you have to go for an investigation known as Pentacam and OCT (optical coherence tomography).Follow up with results.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

What is the reason for having double vision and is it preventable?

Query: Hi doctor, I experienced double vision in a 100-mile trail run around 18 hours into the race. The double vision cleared after 20 minutes of closing my eyes in the medical tent. After a week, I saw an ophthalmologist who did a few tests and concluded that it was eye fatigue. I experienced double vis...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rasmi
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have phoria (not strabismus) and the fatigue in eye muscle cause double vision. I advise you to decrease the effort. Take good time to rest and use vitamin B (1,6,12) and keep your vision good (always about 20/20) by glasses or without any problem in y...  Read Full

I have myopia. What can I do to reduce power and quit glasses completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old boy and I have myopia (2.5 approximately in both the eyes) and I am wearing glasses since two and a half years. Now, I am thinking to quit glasses. What best can I do to reduce the power and quit glasses completely?  Read Full >>

Dr. Bhavna
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Myopia is a refractive error. The change in your refractive correction should be checked every six months to note any progression/improvement. Even a fundus examination is necessary. The refractive correction needed can be given either via spectacles or contact lens...  Read Full