Q. My daughter complains of double vision. Please help.

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2021

One morning, my 15 year old daughter woke up and started complaining that she is seeing everything double. Instead of one teacher, she saw two teachers and two things are seen as four. Apparently, she does not have any vision problem. Please advise.

#

• Double vision can be due to eye problem or neurological problem.
  • If the double vision improves when she closes her one eye, then it is possible that she has some neurological problem.
  • If the double vision persists with closing one eye, then it is likely an issue with her eye.
  • There are many conditions which can cause either problem. Please take your daughter to an ophthalmologist for treatment.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|