Q. The mass in my occipital area is getting bigger, and I have a headache. What to do?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 08, 2021

I am 28 years old, and I have a movable mass at my occipital part for the past two years as far as I remember. But this year, it got bigger, and I can feel it when I am lying down as it is pressed by a hard pillow I was using, after which I chose a soft one now. I was supposed to have it consulted last month, but because of the pandemic, I was not able to do so. Just a few days ago, staring at my computer caused me a headache and nausea. I do not know if it is because of the new glasses or a new sign. I had it checked by a general practitioner last year, and she told me it is not that serious as it is outside of the brain and can be eradicated by incision and drainage. I just felt it got bigger this year.

#

There can be both possibilities that this pain is related to eye or the mass. But as you have mentioned that it is growing bigger now so first of all I would suggest that you should go for incision and drainage.

Once it is removed and your headache continues you can go for eye check-up again and correct them accordingly. For pain I suggest you with tablet Paracetamol 650 mg once a day when you have headache. It is very hard to differentiate because eye pain refers to occipital region and also you have mass there. So better get it removed

In case of furthr query, contact me.

|