Q. My eye power is -9 on left and -3 on right. Objects double and get dizzy. How to improve?

Dr. N. Sathian
Published on Oct 17, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear Doctor,

My eye power is -9 on left and -3 on right. I feel very uncomfortable wearing eyeglasses.  When I see, objects double and get dizzy. How to improve?

Age - 17 years/ female.

Dr. N. Sathian

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.

• Since the power difference in RE and LE is -6 ds, it is inducing double vision because of the difference in image size produced by the spectacles.
  • Since you are only 17 years old, we need to wait until 18-20 years of your age for your eye power to stabilize, and to think about LASIK to reduce power or the difference.
  • Best option available now is contact lens, which does not produce double vision.

Consult an eye care ophthalmologist online for follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Can I get LASIK surgery done while on acne treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I have scheduled for LASIK eye surgery this week. I am currently using Acticlate tablets, Onexton and Epiduo (topical gel) for acne, which was prescribed by my dermatologist. Will there be any issues or side effects with LASIK surgery? I checked with my eye doctor and he said no problems...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can use all of them. Usually, the side effect of these drugs includes a slight increase in risk of dryness of the eyes. Along with LASIK, there is slightly more increased risk. As you have informed your doctor, I think that it will be taken care of postoperatively...  Read Full

What is causing vision problems in both the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the scan reports of my aunt. She is 54 years old, diabetic, and hypertensive. She is on medication to control sugar and BP. She had an eye surgery before one year for some nerve problem in one of her eyes. The reason given by the ophthalmologist was diabetes. Now, her comp...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a blood clot in the retina of the left eye of your aunt. This is not due to diabetes per say it may be a contributing factor. Here is what she should do: Anti VEGF (vascular...  Read Full

Is it normal to have burning eyes after Lasik?

Query: Hi doctor, I had LASIK done for my eyes two months back. My vision is all right but, I feel a burning sensation at the corners of the eyes (corners from where tear comes). After 20 days of LASIK, (back then) whenever I put any eye drops my eyes started burning. Due to the burning sensation, my eyes ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. LASIK when it is done, corneal nerves will be cut. These corneal nerves take several months to regenerate. This can lead to continuous dryness and irritation in the eyes. Eyes also become hypersensitive. Systane ultra is artificial tear eye drops which is a substitute g...  Read Full