My 7-year-old son got his DPT vaccination three days back as his vaccine was missed when he was 5 years old. He has severe pain, swelling, and stiffness in the left deltoid at the site of the vaccine. I am giving him Meftal P as there was no improvement with Ibugesic plus. Can I use Thrombophob or Magsulf ointment? Can I use a hot water bag?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I understand your concern.
1. DPT (diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus)vaccine is known to cause local swelling and fever.
2. But if the pain is still there after three days of vaccination, there is a chance of cellulitis (local side inflammation), which requires antibiotics.
3. Before starting antibiotics, I suggest a local site USG (ultrasound) or clinical examination to confirm the finding.
4. You can use Thrombophob (Benzyl Nicotinate and Heparin) or Magsulf (Magnesium sulfate) ointment, but it will not be of much use.
5. You can continue Ibugesic plus (Paracetamol and Ibuprofen) four to six hourly (anti-inflammatory and antipyretic).
6. I would suggest consulting a pediatrician in person.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Suddenly, I felt some pain that started in the upper back area ... Next night I felt severe pain in the upper back ... Read fullIs there any risk in giving DTwP booster dose to a baby diagnosed with seizure?
.. read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry. Muscle stiffness and fever can occur after a DPT vaccination and is not a contraindication for vaccination. Contraindication for DPT vaccination... Read fullI am getting pain under ribs and in the back like muscle pull. What to do?
Hello doctor,For the past two days, I am getting the pain under my right rib cage slightly under the chest and even back under the shoulder ... It does not pain usua... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Paediatrician Now