Q. Is there any risk in giving DTwP booster dose to a baby diagnosed with seizure?

Dr. Deepak Patel

At birth, my son was diagnosed with a seizure. Now he is 18 months old. I am fearing about DTwP booster dose side effect. Earlier three doses had reaction of muscle stiffness and fever.

#

I have read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry. Muscle stiffness and fever can occur after a DPT vaccination and is not a contraindication for vaccination. Contraindication for DPT vaccination are seizures, inconsolable crying, and central nervous system infection or encephalitis after giving DPT vaccination. If you want to be on safer side then go for acellular vaccine instead of whole cell vaccine. You should give DTaP vaccine instead of DwPT vaccine. Take care.

|