Dpt Vaccine

My child is 1-year-old. I need advice regarding my child vaccination.

Query: Hello doctor, I need advice regarding my child vaccination. I am moving abroad, and the treatments are pending. My kid has completed one year.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. By one year of age, a child should have received birth vaccines like BCG (bacilli Calmette-Guerin), polio drops. Then three monthly shots of DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus), Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b), polio injection and hepatitis B. 2. By nine...  Read Full »

Will DTwP booster dose cause any side effect in a baby diagnosed with seizure?

Query: Hello doctor, At birth, my son was diagnosed with a seizure. Now he is 18 months old. I am fearing about DTwP booster dose side effect. Earlier three doses had reaction of muscle stiffness and fever.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry. Muscle stiffness and fever can occur after a DPT vaccination and is not a contraindication for vaccination. Contraindication for DPT vaccination are seizures, i...  Read Full »

Is tetanus injection necessary despite DPT vaccine?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter aged 6 years got a cut and scratch in her body while playing in a new cementing wall from a piece of old and unused iron four days ago. Does she require any toxoid injection?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Since you are sure that the scratch is from an old iron piece, I think you should give tetanus injection to the child. I hope this will help you.  Read Full »

Can DPT vaccine cause neutropenia?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 15 years. He got his DTaP vaccine two weeks ago and had CBC 20 days later. All came well except neutrophil count, which came back as 800 and total WBC 2500. We are going to repeat the test tomorrow. Can the vaccine be the cause for the neutropenia? And if so, how long will it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: I doubt the vaccine could be the cause of neutropenia (neutrophil count less than normal). Though it can take place in some case like Influenza virus vaccine, but with DTP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis) have not been re...  Read Full »

A few drops of Pentaxim vaccine leaked out during my daughter's vaccination. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,While giving Pentaxim vaccination, a few drops leaked out and only a couple of drops were injected to my baby. The nurse and doctor said it is fine. They said that only a drop is enough. Is it really enough?  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pentaxim injection contains 0.5 ml, which is approximately equal to 8 to 10 drops. Spillage would have been about four drops. Even if four drops have been injected, it is enough. Moreover, you do not have to bother much, as totally four doses of this vaccine will be given...  Read Full »

Should I opt for painful or painless vaccination for my daughter?

Query: Hi doctor, My little angel will have her first vaccine after the one given in hospital after birth. My doctor said there are two ways, painful and painless. Which one shall I go with? When I asked the doctor, she asked me to read the latest vaccination guidelines. Is painless good? I heard most peop...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to the latest vaccination guidelines, the whole-cell vaccine is preferred over the purified-cell vaccine. The whole-cell vaccine is painful, but it is now the recommended vaccine. I advise you to go for a whole-cell vaccine for DPT...  Read Full »

Why is my 10 weeks old baby refusing to feed after vaccination?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 10 weeks old, and I had her vaccinated yesterday (Pentaxim and Hepatitis B). Since the vaccination, she is refusing to breastfeed. She takes a suck and starts crying. Even when I pump and give her milk, she drinks hardly 15 ml and falls asleep. Is it normal? What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pentaxim is Diphtheria vaccine, which causes comparatively less pain and fever. But the same can cause pain and discomfort in few babies. Maybe your baby is having pain and discomfort due to which she is refusing to breastfeed. Sometimes, rotavirus vaccine can also cause ...  Read Full »

My child got hurt while playing. Can we use T-Bact or Neosporin ointment?

Query: Hi doctor, My child, who is 2 years old, fell off while playing. She got hurt above the left eye with mild scar. Please suggest some medication. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did it bleed? How deep is the wound? If the child is not immunized or if it is a bad infected wound, then Tetanus injection may be required. Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online...  Read Full »