Q. What can be done for dryness in and around lips after rosacea treatment?

Dr. Rabia
Published on Mar 12, 2019

I have been suffering from rosacea. So went under proper treatment but now around my lips area, there is dryness. Though I used all the creams on my face, I did not apply creams on the lips area. So is it because of that?

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

This is perioral dermatitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A type of eczema that occurs around the oral cavity. The most common reason is the steroid that causes it whether they are present in products we use on face or from the treatment we do. Yes, it can be part of rosacea, in fact, perioral dermatitis come under the umbrella of rosacea.

The most important thing is hydration of skin for which you have to apply emollient. Apply simple Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) 4 to 5 times a day. Wash your face with mild soap and water. Apply good sunblock of SPF 60. Follow at two weeks.

Perioral dermatitis.

I get red cysts on my face. Is it acne or rosacea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 6'1" tall and I weigh 170 pounds. Often, I get red cysts of some sort on my face beneath the skin that take a while to heal. I have oily skin, and get whiteheads as well. I have fluid-filled boil-like lesions on my face. I have been to a few dermatologist...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rosacea is a skin disorder that affects people above 30 years. Other than acne-like lesions, people with rosacea have redness of the face and dry skin associated with burning sensation. They also have redness and irritation in the eyes. The redness of the face is a...  Read Full

Is the lesion on my lip a pimple or herpes?

Query: Hello doctor,I regularly have chapped and dry lips, and this spot was a cut on the lips, and I messed with it. I have attached a picture. Is this a pimple or could it be herpes? I have no other symptoms and a cluster of bumps did not form before this. It was red at first and pain-free, but now it ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understand your worry.This lesion seems to be infective in nature. Herpes which spreads sexually is herpes progenitalis, which occurs over genitals. Herpes occurring over lips is herpes simplex...  Read Full