Q. What can be done for dryness in and around lips after rosacea treatment?

Dr. Rabia

I have been suffering from rosacea. So went under proper treatment but now around my lips area, there is dryness. Though I used all the creams on my face, I did not apply creams on the lips area. So is it because of that?

#

This is perioral dermatitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A type of eczema that occurs around the oral cavity. The most common reason is the steroid that causes it whether they are present in products we use on face or from the treatment we do. Yes, it can be part of rosacea, in fact, perioral dermatitis come under the umbrella of rosacea.

The most important thing is hydration of skin for which you have to apply emollient. Apply simple Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) 4 to 5 times a day. Wash your face with mild soap and water. Apply good sunblock of SPF 60. Follow at two weeks.

Perioral dermatitis.

|