Q. I get stomach pain whenever I eat. What could be the reason?

Last week, I took an Albendazole tablet for worms. This week, I had a burger. From yesterday, my stomach is upset. If I eat any food, my stomach begins to hurt. I am unable to eat anything, and this is causing me to feel bloated. My urine appears dark yellow and my lips are very dry. Please guide me.

#

• This appears to be a case of acidity and gastritis, precipitated by oily and spicy food. You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet.
  • Take a walk after your meal, instead of taking rest. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals.
  • Have regular sleep habits and avoid stress. Include lots of green leafy vegetables, and fruits. Avoid smoking and alcohol drinking habits if any.
  • You can have tablet Pan DSR (combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone) 40 mg before breakfast once a day for a week. If not adequately relieved, you can add syrup Sucral-O (combination of Sucralfate and Oxetacaine) or Gelusil (combination of Aluminium hydroxide, Magnesium hydroxide, and Simethicone), two teaspoons three times a day for a week.
  • For immediate pain relief, you can have an antispasmodic like tab Dicyclomine 20 mg or Hyoscine 10 mg, whenever needed up to three times a day. This will resolve in 3-4 days time period.
  • Also, you need to drink plenty of water. Dry lips and dark yellow urine indicate dehydration.

Hope this helps. Get back if you have any more queries.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|