Q. I get stomach pain whenever I eat. What could be the reason?

Last week, I took an Albendazole tablet for worms. This week, I had a burger. From yesterday, my stomach is upset. If I eat any food, my stomach begins to hurt. I am unable to eat anything, and this is causing me to feel bloated. My urine appears dark yellow and my lips are very dry. Please guide me.

#

• This appears to be a case of acidity and gastritis, precipitated by oily and spicy food. You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet.
  • Take a walk after your meal, instead of taking rest. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals.
  • Have regular sleep habits and avoid stress. Include lots of green leafy vegetables, and fruits. Avoid smoking and alcohol drinking habits if any.
  • You can have tablet Pan DSR (combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone) 40 mg before breakfast once a day for a week. If not adequately relieved, you can add syrup Sucral-O (combination of Sucralfate and Oxetacaine) or Gelusil (combination of Aluminium hydroxide, Magnesium hydroxide, and Simethicone), two teaspoons three times a day for a week.
  • For immediate pain relief, you can have an antispasmodic like tab Dicyclomine 20 mg or Hyoscine 10 mg, whenever needed up to three times a day. This will resolve in 3-4 days time period.
  • Also, you need to drink plenty of water. Dry lips and dark yellow urine indicate dehydration.

Hope this helps. Get back if you have any more queries.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Will Prevacid help with the symptoms of GERD?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with GERD six years ago. I have gained 10 pounds of weight and I started having phlegm in my throat. I am coughing more to get the phlegm out of my throat. I am currently taking Prevacid (over-the-counter) once a day in the morning. The phlegm and coughing does not seem ...  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »

When I start walking, the portion below the knee is numb. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. From the last one month, I have problems with my legs, especially my left leg, when I get out of my bed or chair and start walking, the portion below the knee is sleeping (numb), sometimes it happens in the right leg as well, but most of the time in my left leg. I w...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»