Q. My breasts are dry, itchy and painful. Please help.

Dr. Meeta Airen
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 36 year old unmarried girl. I am experiencing itching and pain in my nipples and areola upon scratching. During my periods, my breasts pain for a day or two and the pain subsides by itself. Now as it is winter, my breasts were dry, and I applied cold cream and vaseline. They are itching and become painful when I scratch. Please help. I am not on any medication. My height is 5'5", and weight is 65 kg.

#

• You probably have extreme dryness on nipples. Because of scratching, excoriation and infection may occur which is causing pain.
  • You need to apply antibiotic as of now and then keep it lubricated. Please consult a dermatologist in person for management.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|