Dry Throat

Kindly help with my symptoms like headache, body pain, sour burp, and dry throat.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I have asthma and anxiety. I have been experiencing headaches and body aches lately. No fever and no cold. But, I cough up phlegm. Also, when I burp, I taste something sour, and my throat feels dry. Please help. Currently, I am taking Amitriptyline and used Breo e...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your concern. If you do not have any fever, cough, or cold and still experience headache and body ache, this could be due to lack of proper sleep, rest, and increased stress (both mental and physical). Sour taste in burp is due to GERD (gastroesop...  Read Full »

How to manage measles with a swollen and dry throat?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is a 15-year-old girl and weighs approximately about 42 kg. She has measles for more than a week; now, she is only taking Dolan for fever. Now she's quite upset with her swollen throat, and she spits once with blood. She has a bad taste; that is why she seldom eats. Her throat ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, some medicines will reduce the swelling and throat infection as well. If she spits out blood, there are possibilities of mouth ulcers. Can you please send me a picture of her mouth and the swollen part? Please take tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulani...  Read Full »

Can dryness and soreness of the throat be signs of thyroid problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. I am 5.3 feet tall and weight 165 lbs. I have been having problems inside my throat for the past six months. It is dry and hurts. Also, I keep touching the glands every time it bothers me. I have retested for allergies, and I take Claritin D and still have thes...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, it seems to be allergic pharyngitis. Pharyngitis is the inflammation of the back of the throat. It gets aggravated by exposure to allergens like cold, dust, pollens, and acid reflux. Make sure you do not have acid reflux as without treating the ref...  Read Full »

What can be done to treat throat dryness?

Query: Hi doctor, Having throat dryness since 2 weeks and feels hair stuck in throat.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please take a picture of the back of throat with open mouth and send to me?  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for lump inside throat with no pain and difficulty in swallowing.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last six weeks, I have a feeling like a lump inside my throat on my right side. No pain, no problem with swallowing. It also feels a little dry if that makes sense, and it is worse when I workout with open mouth breathing. I think my tonsil is bigger on that side although I do...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pictures are very clear. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears you have a milk reflux problem that is causing these symptoms. Additionally, there seems to be a small element of post nasal drip chasing the dryness and worsening of lump fee...  Read Full »

Why am I getting dry throat and mouth with blocked sinuses at night?

Query: Hello doctor, For two years, I wake up in the night with dry throat and mouth and blocked sinuses. Back of mouth or throat is also coated with unpleasant, pale yellow scum on waking (during the day, I am fine). I saw ENT doctor a month ago, diagnosed inflamed sinuses and prescribed four months of s...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think that you need to perform a CT scan for your nose and sinuses. There may be a surgical cause for your naso-sinal problems as polyps, deviated septum or hypertrophied turbinates. Perform the scan then show it to me. Do you have excessive sneezing or rhinorrhea? Do...  Read Full »

What is the solution for cough following a hard laugh?

Query: Hi doctor, How to cure the cough that occurs on a hard laugh?  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cough that occurs due to a hard laugh is usually due to dryness occurring in the respiratory tract. Normally, you would not need to do anything. At first, you can drink some water and see if it provides any relief. If you are experiencing too much of irritation, yo...  Read Full »

Does blood in sputum in the mornings, dry throat and mouth mean cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, For about a year I have been coughing up mucus with a small fleck or flecks of blood in it. It happens only in the morning and not every day. I have noticed that my throat and mouth are very dry on the days that it happens. I also have little flecks of blood in my snot when I blow my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mit Dharsandiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your case carefully. I need some more information so that I can help you. Do you feel dryness in the eyes also? Some foreign body sensation in eyes? Do you need to drink some liquid with food to swallow it?  Read Full »

I have throat dryness and difficulty in breathing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old female, 42 kg weight 5'3" height. I have been having a throat dryness and difficulty in breathing and also an abdominal pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Your workup has to be done as follow:Auscultation.Posterior pharynx examination.CBC.If throat congestion is present than decongestant like Levocetirizine can be prescribed for that. For dyspnea, CBC will rule out anemia if present and it will also help in abnormal respir...  Read Full »