Q. Suffering from dust allergy and coughing green mucus. Does it mean infection?

I have been suffering from dust allergies since childhood and use Foracot 200 and Montair 10 in case I have an episode. From 3 to 4 days, I am having an episode but it is not getting better. Also, I am coughing green mucus (seems like small dots). Does it mean that I have an infection? Please advice.

Hematology Pathology
#

The green expectoration raises suspicion for pseudomonas infection of the lung. You have to rule out acute bronchitis infection by chest X-ray and spirometry. If bronchoconstriction is present then nebulization of bronchodilator drug like Levosalbutamol can be prescribed. If you have long term history of frequent attack of allergic bronchitis then maintenance bronchodilator inhaler like Foracort on long term basis might be prescribed. I suggest you consult a pulmonologist for detailed respiratory evaluation.

|