Q. I have ear clicking and discharge. What could be the reason?

Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Hello doctor,

I hear a clicking sound in my ears since the last three to four months. When I put my fingers inside my ears, a brown sticky substance comes out. The clicking sound does not come on its own, but it comes when I focus on it too much, although I have no earache.

Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• From your history, it can either be due to wax impaction or it can be due to a defect in your eustachian tube functioning which is causing pressure differences in your ear and may cause fluid collection, or a tinnitus.
  • But to confirm this, you need a personal consultation with your ENT (ear, nose, and throat specialist).
  • You might need a PTA (pure tone audiometry) and impedance audiometry test if it is not a wax impaction.

Hope that helps you.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|