Q. I have ear clicking and discharge. What could be the reason?

Dr. Fazil Shajahan
Published on Dec 03, 2017

Hello doctor,

I hear a clicking sound in my ears since the last three to four months. When I put my fingers inside my ears, a brown sticky substance comes out. The clicking sound does not come on its own, but it comes when I focus on it too much, although I have no earache.

Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• From your history, it can either be due to wax impaction or it can be due to a defect in your eustachian tube functioning which is causing pressure differences in your ear and may cause fluid collection, or a tinnitus.
  • But to confirm this, you need a personal consultation with your ENT (ear, nose, and throat specialist).
  • You might need a PTA (pure tone audiometry) and impedance audiometry test if it is not a wax impaction.

Hope that helps you.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

I sit in front of the computer for long and I am unable to focus. How can I be helped?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are feeling cold and I am unable to focus. I have been feeling this since last week. I sit in front of the computer for a long time. I do not want spectacles. Please help.  Read Full »

I have ear pain after removing ear wax. Is it serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from ear pain for the last two days and it has become really serious now. The entire right side of my face has gone numb and I am not able to hear properly in my right ear. I can listen to some hissing sound. I remember cleaning my ear with my fingers and tried to...  Read Full »

Why am I having constant lightheadedness and clicking sound in ears?

Query: Hello doctor, My symptoms are constant lightheadedness, feeling like drunk all the time, fatigue after a couple of hours and clicking sound when swallowing in both ears since last eight weeks. Yawning also causes a clicking sound. Ear fullness in both ears, some weird very low buzzing sound in the ...  Read Full »