Q. I got ear infection after over masturbation. Will it get cured?

Dr. A K Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2020

I am a 29 year old male. I have tinnitus for the last two weeks. I am taking tablets, but there is no improvement. I do not know the cause. The doctor, whom I visited, said that my nose hole is rooted in such a way that my ear gets infection like that. Also, my ear has pus inside. I think my tinnitus is due to masturbation. I do masturbate daily around two to three times a day and sometime more than that too. I used to do it in the sleeping position with the left side down. I could feel heat in my left ear when I masturbate. Initially, I did not think it as a big issue, but I am worried now.

A year ago, I did over masturbation one night and the next day my left ear got infected. But, there is no hearing loss or tinnitus that time and that infection went off. Now, I am having pus and a ringing sound in my left ear. Also, I feel only some 50% hearing in my left ear. Is this temporary or permanent? Will my left ear recover completely?

#

I understand your concern.

• Here, I would like to say that masturbation is not related to your ear problem.
  • You are advised to take ear drop containing antibiotic, antifungal and steroids along with decongestants. Probably, you will get relief.
  • If the above treatment does not solve your problem, then ask your ENT doctor for a thorough examination of ears and investigations to pinpoint your diagnosis for treatment.

For further doubts consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|