Early Symptoms Of Pregnancy

Can steroids affect sperm motility?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend who is on steroids. I read that steroids will make sperm weak swimmers. Is that true? Also, after the unprotected sex I took Plan B One-Step immediately. What is the possibility of getting pregnant? What are the early symptoms of pregnancy? And whe...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Steroids do not make sperm weak. This is always a debatable issue. However, never been proved. If you have taken Plan B (emergency contraceptive pill) within 12 hours of intercourse the chance of getting pregnant is almost nil. However, ...  Read Full »

Is spotting after a while of intercourse an early symptom of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my partner had intercourse two days ago. He used a condom but can I still have a chance with pregnancy. But two days after intercourse my stomach starts to hurt and I am spotting blood. I have read about spotting to be a sign of pregnancy but after a week after intercourse can i...  Read Full »

Dr. Shoaib Javeed Khan

General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Based on the information provided, I would like to rightfully start by saying that condoms are 98.9 % effective in preventing conception. The 1.1 % is due to a poorly m...  Read Full »

Are burning sensation and spotting after urination signs of implantation?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up suddenly at 1'o clock in the night to urinate. I have a burning sensation after that. I woke up once an hour until about 5 am and having the same problem. There was only little urination, and the burning sensation started to decrease after each time I urinate. At around 4 am...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can well be an implantation bleed considering you have had unprotected sex recently unless proven otherwise. The EPT (early pregnancy test) test is not sensitive enough during the cycle at all, and can only detect the hCG levels on the seventh day post missed pe...  Read Full »

Is getting a stringy line on fertile days a sign of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on my fertile days. I got a stringy line during that. Is that a sign of pregnancy or it is normal to get that during fertile period and also the day before I got the stringy line, I got back pain and stomach pain and also cramping. I am unsure if that is a sign of early pregnancy...  Read Full »

Dr. Alison A. Rodriguez

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. It is quite normal to have an increased amount of stringy discharge during and just prior to ovulation or your fertile days as you describe. Cramping and back pain can also be associated with ovulation, it is usually mild and temporary. 3 to 4 days before ovulation is t...  Read Full »

Had bleeding after my last sex, but having temperature and vomiting since one week. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex with my partner before ten days. She took Postpone 72 on the next day. She had bleeding after a week for four days. Now, she has temperature and vomiting for a week. Is she pregnant?  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just do a urine pregnancy test, if you think, that she is pregnant. But mostly it will be negative. Now, she has temperature and vomiting mostly due to something other reason. It could be due to gastroenteritis if she ate food from outside. Consult a nearby physician. Y...  Read Full »

I am 14 weeks pregnant, and I suffer from severe acid reflux. Should I consult a gastroenterologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 14 weeks pregnant, and I suffer from continuous severe acid reflux, from the past 7 to 8 weeks. I consulted my gynecologist, but she did not give any medicine. Antacids are not effective at all, and I have a feeling of food stuck in my throat and chest. It is very unpleasant and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rosita Alizadeh Shalchi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that you have severe discomfort. You know that acid reflux and nausea are common in pregnancy. Sometimes, small and frequent meals can be tolerated. I suggest you try taking a ginger-based candy 15 minutes before you get out of bed. It is better not to drin...  Read Full »

Are breast tenderness and vaginal discharge symptoms of pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My cycle is about 25 days. Me and my husband got intimated on day 18 using a condom. We are worried that the semen had fallen near to me while taking out. Soon, I took a Morning after pill within an hour. Can you please tell me is there any chance to conceive? Also, please let me know the...  Read Full »

Dr. Archana Sundarka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Morning after pill is an emergency contraceptive pill and is very effective of around 97% if taken within an 1 hour after unprotected intercourse. So, I am hoping that your period will come in a couple of days.   Read Full »

Are symptoms of pregnancy and premenstrual cycle relatively the same?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had unprotected sex. The first time, we both were drunk, but I know I did not ejaculate. Also, we did not use any form of contraception. She was ovulating during the second time and I used the withdrawal method. What are the chances that she can get pregnant?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, ovulation is the period wherein egg is released from the ovary and that needs a single sperm to head towards a pregnancy. There is about 30% chance of getting pregnant following unprotected sex during ovulation. How can you be so sure about her ovulation? Di...  Read Full »

Does my ultrasound show any possible indications of early pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to know if you see any possible indications of an early pregnancy on my ultrasound pictures. I had spotting to a very light flow for five days. My periods are normally light for 1 to 2 days increasing to a heavy flow for two days and tapers off for another two days. I normall...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the pictures of ultrasound sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is endometrial thickening evident but there is no apparent evidence of any early gestational sac in situ which would indicate any pregnancy. Even if...  Read Full »

I had an abortion seven months back. Why do I still have black colored periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an abortion seven months back. I have been having black colored periods bleeding from the last three months. The bleeding is black on all the days of the periods.  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? That is quite a short history. Having black or altered blood in the first few months after abortion is common. We have to rule out the following possibilities. Get a pelvic scan to rule out any endometrial polyps or any uterine masses or any endometr...  Read Full »