Q. Kindly suggest good medicines for pregnancy symptoms for my six weeks pregnant wife.

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

My wife is 43 days pregnant. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we could not take her to the hospital for the initial scan and check-up. We are planning to go in ten days. She has nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, stomach fullness, and discomfort.

I request you to prescribe some good medicines to make her feel better.

Thanks.

#

First of all, congratulations.

I suggest Folic acid 400 mcg once daily to increase the mother's hemoglobin and prevent neural tube defects in the fetus. Vomiting and gastric disturbances are common symptoms during the first trimester due to increased pregnancy hormones.

To control vomiting, I suggest the following;

• Avoid fried, oily, and spicy food.
  • Avoid sleeping on the back and rest on the side with a high head to prevent heartburn and acid reflux.
  • To prevent vomiting, start the day with a dry toast, cracker, or bread even before drinking water or brushing teeth. This will help control nausea.

If vomiting does not subside, take tablet Doxinate Plus (Doxylamine, Vitamin B6, Folic acid) twice daily.

Thanks for the reply.

When to take Doxinate Plus? Is it before a meal or after a meal?

Thanks.

#

It can be taken either way, but better to take it 30 minutes before food.

About a week ago my wife who is now pregnant for abouf 70 days had entered an X Ray Room and was holding her baby while a Chest X Ray was taking on the baby who is 2 years old. This happened as we had totally forgotten.

Kindly explain whether there will be any possibility of causing harm to the fetus and if it is so kindly advise what shall we do now
# hello mohan ,

I understand ur concern .

the amount of x-rays or radiation from being in a room where single chest xray was is very negligible . it takes radiations from a 1000 chest x-rays to cause any lethal effects on the growing fetus . hence do not worry . there little to no chance of it harming the pregnancy .
but do take care in future tat she not exposed to x-rays .
u need not take any further treatment or precautions for this.

don't worry .

regards

|