Q. Does getting a stringy line on fertile days mean pregnancy?

Dr. Alison A. Rodriguez
Published on Apr 16, 2019

I am on my fertile days. I got a stringy line during that. Is that a sign of pregnancy or it is normal to get that during fertile period and also the day before I got the stringy line, I got back pain and stomach pain and also cramping. I am unsure if that is a sign of early pregnancy or not.

Dr. Alison A. Rodriguez

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

It is quite normal to have an increased amount of stringy discharge during and just prior to ovulation or your fertile days as you describe. Cramping and back pain can also be associated with ovulation, it is usually mild and temporary. 3 to 4 days before ovulation is the time to have intercourse every 1 to 2 days in order to maximize your chances of conceiving.

If you miss your period, take a home pregnancy test. If it is positive, then you have your answer. If it is negative and you still have not started your cycle, repeat the pregnancy test.

| 

Can spotting occur in initial stage of pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old. I always have regular periods with a 28 day cycle. I have pregnancy like symptoms for the past two weeks. I feel nausea, cramps, strong smell, etc. Actually, my period was ahead of due. For the past 15 days I have very light watery bleeding started and is still on. It i...  Read Full »

Can an I-pill prevent pregnancy if sex is had in the fertile period?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner and I had unprotected sex 10 days ago. She took an I-pill the very next day. Two days after the first sexual encounter, we again had sex and she again took an I-pill the very next day. Her LMP was a week before the first sexual encounter. She is also having a...  Read Full »

Is it common to have sexual thoughts during fertile period?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it common to have intrusive and persistent thoughts about potential sexual or romantic partners during the fertile period of the menstrual cycle? It happens to me every month and always about men I know and see constantly. It is like my hormones have suddenly taken control of my though...  Read Full »