Q. Does my ECG show any abnormality?

Dr. Rishu
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 04, 2020

My ECG report showed left axis deviation, left anterior fascicular block and prolonged QT interval. Is this an abnormal ECG? What kind of health issue I am having? I am a 48 year old female. Also, I am diabetic since four years.

#

• Left ventricular hypertrophy is the most important cause of left axis deviation and left anterior fascicular block.
  • QT prolongation can be because of many medications. Are you hypertensive? Are you taking any medicines for diabetes? QT can be prolonged because of the effect of those medicines.
  • Get a serum electrolyte test done. You should attach the ECG copy to look at the anomalies and the medicines name.
  • If left axis deviation is there, 2D echocardiography should be done to rule out left ventricle hypertrophy.

Revert back with the reports to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

What is the significance of high deceleration time in echocardiogram?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had an echocardiogram. The results were normal, but the deceleration time is 439 ms. My doctor did not say anything about it while reviewing the results. But, I have subsequently learned that it is very prolonged. What should I do now?  Read Full »

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake

Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur...  Read Article

I have high blood pressure and feel chest pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I feel pain on the left side of my chest. I have no sugar but high blood pressure. My age is 50 years. I am 67 inches in height and my weight is 78 kg.  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»