Q. Does my ECG show any abnormality?

Dr. Rishu
Published on Dec 01, 2016

My ECG report showed left axis deviation, left anterior fascicular block and prolonged QT interval. Is this an abnormal ECG? What kind of health issue I am having? I am a 48 year old female. Also, I am diabetic since four years.

Dr. Rishu

Cardiology
#

• Left ventricular hypertrophy is the most important cause of left axis deviation and left anterior fascicular block.
  • QT prolongation can be because of many medications. Are you hypertensive? Are you taking any medicines for diabetes? QT can be prolonged because of the effect of those medicines.
  • Get a serum electrolyte test done. You should attach the ECG copy to look at the anomalies and the medicines name.
  • If left axis deviation is there, 2D echocardiography should be done to rule out left ventricle hypertrophy.

Revert back with the reports to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

What does high deceleration time in echocardiogram indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had an echocardiogram. The results were normal, but the deceleration time is 439 ms. My doctor did not say anything about it while reviewing the results. But, I have subsequently learned that it is very prolonged. What should I do now?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It suggests grade 1 diastolic dysfunction. It is explainable by your obesity as evident from BMI - body mass index mentioned. For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist  Read Full

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake

Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur...  Read Article

I have high blood pressure and feel chest pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I feel pain on the left side of my chest. I have no sugar but high blood pressure. My age is 50 years. I am 67 inches in height and my weight is 78 kg.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to gastroesophageal reflux or muscle pain. I recommend taking an antacid and Acetaminophen. If the pain persists, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a physical exam and some tests as follows: Resting ECG a...  Read Full