Q. Does my ECG show any abnormality?

Dr. Rishu
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 04, 2020

My ECG report showed left axis deviation, left anterior fascicular block and prolonged QT interval. Is this an abnormal ECG? What kind of health issue I am having? I am a 48 year old female. Also, I am diabetic since four years.

#

• Left ventricular hypertrophy is the most important cause of left axis deviation and left anterior fascicular block.
  • QT prolongation can be because of many medications. Are you hypertensive? Are you taking any medicines for diabetes? QT can be prolonged because of the effect of those medicines.
  • Get a serum electrolyte test done. You should attach the ECG copy to look at the anomalies and the medicines name.
  • If left axis deviation is there, 2D echocardiography should be done to rule out left ventricle hypertrophy.

Revert back with the reports to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|