Q. Does my ECG show any abnormality?

Dr. Rishu

My ECG report showed left axis deviation, left anterior fascicular block and prolonged QT interval. Is this an abnormal ECG? What kind of health issue I am having? I am a 48 year old female. Also, I am diabetic since four years.

Dr. Rishu

Cardiology
#

• Left ventricular hypertrophy is the most important cause of left axis deviation and left anterior fascicular block.
  • QT prolongation can be because of many medications. Are you hypertensive? Are you taking any medicines for diabetes? QT can be prolonged because of the effect of those medicines.
  • Get a serum electrolyte test done. You should attach the ECG copy to look at the anomalies and the medicines name.
  • If left axis deviation is there, 2D echocardiography should be done to rule out left ventricle hypertrophy.

Revert back with the reports to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|