Q. What does my ECG indicate?

Published on Aug 25, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

I have attached two ECGs, one from recently and the other from last year.

Please discuss at length with no holding back on technospeak as to whether the latest test shows any improvement. Any information is appreciated like the severity of infarction, estimated time ago it happened, etc. It would interest me greatly to know whether the infarction occurred 55 years ago with a diagnosed rheumatic fever. Is it possible it was not rheumatic fever? I suffered a fall a few hours before the symptoms. No streptococcus involved condition. I was 11 and am now 66 years old.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

ECG does not show any sign of infarction, rheumatic heart disease. It only has right bundle branch block that is a normal finding. Rheumatic heart disease is best diagnosed on echocardiography. ECG fails in that purpose.

I have attached ECG.

#

Yes, this ECG has significant changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are hyperacute inverted waves in lead 3 and AVF which signifies myocardial injury to the inferior wall. These changes can be seen in rheumatic heart disease, but they would have not been reverted. Since your latest ECG has no such changes, probably it has been an acute myocardial infarction at that time.

What exactly is a right bundle branch block?

Query: Hi doctor, My ECG report says that I have a right bundle branch block. What is it? Does it require attention?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shoaib Javeed Khan
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The heart works on electrical signals/impulses that are sent through a pathway. This finally reaches the side/part of the heart that produces the heartbeat. This pathway is complicated. And when there is any abnormality along this pathway, it can result in a conditio...  Read Full

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your heart rate, it is fine to have a resting heart rate of 75 to 84 beats per minute. It does not signify any major abnormalities. Exercise, stress, anxiety, smoking, caffeine can certainly lead to pulse rate elevation. So, as you mentioned, your ECG (elec...  Read Full

Can ECG changes occur due to anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a diabetes patient. Recently, I had an ECG done which showed borderline normal sinus arrythmia. Immediately, I had a 2D echo and it showed a normal study. But my blood pressure is not normal. It is around 150/90 and so my doctor advised me to take Betaloc-50. In addition to this, I ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you that do not worry as everything is going to be fine soon. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine concerns. I appreciate the efforts you put in to upload the case completely along with EKG reports (attachment remo...  Read Full