Q. What does my 2D echo report indicate?

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal
Published on Mar 11, 2018

I have thickened tip of mitral valve leaflet with prolapse of the mitral valve leaflet to the left atrium during systole producing moderate mitral regurgitation with an EF of 34% and left atrial enlargement. There are normal coronary artery sizes. There is normal pulmonary artery pressure. Good left ventricular systolic function with an ejection fraction of 66% and a left-sided aortic arch. No pericardial effusion nor coarctation.

The conclusion of 2D echo procedure is rheumatic heart disease and mitral regurgitation. I have attached the copies of the report.

#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your echo report is showing that you have rheumatic heart disease with involvement of mitral valve.

There is a leak in mitral valve termed as mitral regurgitation.

Mitral regurgitation is quantified as mild, moderate, severe.

It is moderate in your case.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Can you explain my maid's heart condition in simple terms?

Query: Hi doctor, My maid has a heart problem since her birth. She complains of pain in heart, a sudden increase in heartbeat, feels hot and leg pain. Now, she feels very weak. Her echo was done recently and I have attached that here.  Read Full »

Kindly give your suggestion based on my blood report.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having mild chest pain over the last three days. I also feel lazy and less energetic for few months. I have done routine checkup. Can you please give suggestion based on the report attached?  Read Full »

My father had pain below the heart which was on the rib side. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My father had mild chest pain. The doctor did an angiogram, and they told there is a block in the blood pumping vessel and it is closed. We planned for placing a stent. The next day, the doctor tested again and told the blood vessel is opened and it is normal. So, the stent was not place...  Read Full »